Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Straight-Bottom Top Guns  with#6 Drives How many?? >

Straight-Bottom Top Guns with#6 Drives How many??

Notices

Straight-Bottom Top Guns with#6 Drives How many??

Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
What happened to "Come Fly With Me"???

Six seasons later...still love our boat. I try to do something each year to keep it fresh. New engines, drives gone through, new exhaust, new intercom system, new complete stereo system/wiring, etc..... That way I won't open my eyes one spring and realize that there is a chitload of stuff that needs to be done. This winter it's getting a new cabin and a "new style" windscreen for sure and maybe a cockpit "re-do". That may need to wait until next winter due to timing/logistics.

Here's an updated pic from this past October.
Glad you still love your gun Craig. Your doin an amazing job with the boat. Im tryin to find something that suites me for years to come. Have the Hawk now, gonna try it this year and see how I like it. Lookin to "settle down" now and just up grade a hull I fall in love with. Hopefully the Hawk performs well.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
There's a white 2000 that has wet sump 6's on it out there too. Martin Marine had it for sale years ago, and I remember it having Procharged motors & a really basic paint design. I think I remember seeing it again, and it had no power.
The curiousity was killing me, so I broke out my Vcard with all of my old pics. Here are the only two pictures I have of the boat I mentioned above. Maybe it will jog someones memory that has more:

Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

The curiousity was killing me, so I broke out my Vcard with all of my old pics. Here are the only two pictures I have of the boat I mentioned above. Maybe it will jog someones memory that has more:

Hmmmm, straight-bottom or T/S? The cabin looks like a newer style covergirl, but the cockpit looks older with that map cover on the passenger side, old-style seats and hatch.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a white 2000 that has wet sump 6's on it out there too. Martin Marine had it for sale years ago, and I remember it having Procharged motors & a really basic paint design. I think I remember seeing it again, and it had no power.
I believe you are talking about the white 2000 TS that had 750 cobras n 6s. That boat was sold to a guy in Kentucky I think and re-rigged with 525s and bravos
Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Gold Member

Yes thats the one that now has bravos. The previous owner was from Jersey. He was the one that rolled the Popeys cat in 08 and subsequently lost the cig. It was sold thru National Liquidators without power and repowered with 525s n bravos.

Tank... Leavin it up to you to get a tally n pics>>> your way better at this than me! LOL cant wait to get you on the cig in Havasu.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
I believe you are talking about the white 2000 TS that had 750 cobras n 6s. That boat was sold to a guy in Kentucky I think and re-rigged with 525s and bravos
Why in the heck would someone do that?

Can you post some pics of your boat? Love that paint scheme on yours!!

Craig
Old 12-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Gold Member

BLee
Your good pal! That 2000 was originally bought unrigged with just 6s. The original motors were built by Typhoon and never ran. Yes they were prochargers. After much litgation the boat was rerigged by Randy at Cobra until it finally went to National Liqidators. The boat had just been updated with a Fineline interior just before the accident. Storage got the best of the boat. I saw the boat in Lake Cumberland docked right next to me and filled in the new owner of its history. He did a good job cleanin it up. Lotta memories on that boat. That was the boat that gave me the inspiration to do mine.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Why in the heck would someone do that?

The boat went to national without power. If Im not mistaken the new owner said it was a budget thing. I figured it would be more work to redo the transome but hey what do I know

Can you post some pics of your boat? Love that paint scheme on yours!!

Thanks it was fun building it.

Craig
Joe
Old 12-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
BLee
Your good pal! That 2000 was originally bought unrigged with just 6s. The original motors were built by Typhoon and never ran. Yes they were prochargers. After much litgation the boat was rerigged by Randy at Cobra until it finally went to National Liqidators. The boat had just been updated with a Fineline interior just before the accident. Storage got the best of the boat. I saw the boat in Lake Cumberland docked right next to me and filled in the new owner of its history. He did a good job cleanin it up. Lotta memories on that boat. That was the boat that gave me the inspiration to do mine.
Cool, thanks for the update!

Your boat is bad-ASS by the way. I love to see people go big on the "midsized" models like you did.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Here are a few of them Craig. I have a couple more if you want.
Roger
What’s the story on the boat with the splattered paint looking graphics? I saw it for sale and want to go check it out.

Quick Reply: Straight-Bottom Top Guns with#6 Drives How many??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.