Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !! >

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Notices

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Originally Posted by pm203
Runafever,
Looks like you are running a fever! Thank you for the clarification on the Fountain values. As we all know, boats depreciate and I never thought the Fountains to have a higher rate of depreciation.. I have never followed the OL,s but I can assume that they probably have the largest depreciation of the bunch since they are the most $$ and most unique style of boat. I will however challenge anyone to show a better resale boat than the standard Merc powered TopGun. Thanks again for the info.
agree'd
Old 12-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blah, blah, blah...... Fountain will stick it in just as far as all the other manufacturers. Dont give me that "we never sold a executioner for $325" crap.... take a look in some of the deal jackets at the OTD price or amount financed at the 0% intor price. Is that 221 Fountains for sale right now???? Brand new Executioner for $199k now?? Lost $30k in 3 weeks???
Old 12-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys if you read my post clearly it was geared more toward the OL clan. Resale Value meaning dollars is a relative term. For every 400k cigarette I'll show you a couple of year old one for 275k For Every 250k Fountain I'll show you a two year old one for 175k. These are facts gentlemen this is not a conspiracy. The top 3 Most recognizable brands are Fountain, OL and Cig. I say top 3 because of Outerlimits low volume, elite custom creations, Cigarettes superior brand imaging and detail, and Fountains Racing accomplishments. These are the 3 most recognizable brands on the market today. Depreciation and resale figures are relative to replacement cost of the product new. I am a very big fan of all three especially a new Gun. Just trying to shed some light on some posts on resale of all three that were mentioned. Oh yeah I am angry. Angry that a New Gun isn't in the budget this year.lol
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Dhlaw- Executioners do not cost 325k new! Were are you getting this info. If dealers financed 325k on that boat it is with 0$ down finacing the tax plus negative equity plus a trailer plus getting bumped in the F&I office for aftermarket. This does not happent to often. An Ex does not cost 325 please get your facts straight before you post.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

They all seem to depreciate pretty fast in the first couple of years . Seems to me that after the first couple of years the Gun seems to slow way down and maintain a pretty good value, especially the T/S Guns. As mentioned before there are always cases of people selling below market value for various reasons or boats that are turds and in poor condition that shouldn't reflect the actual market value.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Depending on cash flow and how the boat would be financed I would be inclined to buy the used boat over the new one. I'd rather the first guy take the 20-30% hit in the first couple years than me...

A lot of times the new boats have excellent finance deals but I'd pay close attention to those deals because you may find yourself upside down in 3-4 years when it comes time to sell.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
I'm pretty shure if you go there the$325 is flex Also people whould still buy the new over used unless like I said you got super deal!
Sure....if you had nothing but money then why wouldn't you buy a used boat? A lot of people can't afford a new boat and that is why they buy used. Oh yeah, everyone buys a used boat becuase they bought it for 50 cents on a dollar otherwise they would buy new

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 12-02-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been in the auto business for over 15 years and i see depreciation losses EVERYDAY. I have nor will ever BUY A NEW BOAT OR CAR. I buy mine couple years old, the original owner has already had his heart ripped out with depreciation and i can buy them right...and hopefully make a couple $$ when i sell or worst case break even. I'm in and out of boats and cars every 12-18 months
Old 12-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by runafever
. The top 3 Most recognizable brands are Fountain, OL and Cig.
i would say that is true for people "who know better", but for the rest of the world (which is a far greater amout), the most recognizable perf boat brands would probably be something like cig, baja, and scarab. I'm sure most of the world has no idea what an outerlimits or apache is.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by runafever
They all lose $$$$ at the same rate.

Agree... I bought a brand new 03 29 Fever w/525 for 97K with trailer, kept it 1.5 seasons and 120 hours and sold it for 83.5K.... and sold it to the first guy to look at it and only had it listed for 10 or so days.

All the brands lose at about the same rate unless someone buys new and it is a nasty looking one-off type deal and they take it in the cheeks harder....

Quick Reply: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.