Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !! >

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Notices

2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Originally Posted by Griff
He said something about selling because he can't see over the fairing without sitting on 2 PFD's
Griff- I only use the PFD's to better the view!
Attached Thumbnails 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!-dsc02661.jpg  
Old 11-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
That's what I thought too, but it hasn't sold, hell...have any of them sold??
Hard sell w/ modified "anything" -- ie: blowers. I was going to do it to my 525 38 T/S and EVERYONE told me not to do it.... glad I listened.

Might be better off pulling the blowers and refreshing the motors. I know someone that had to do that w/ their OL. Didn't take long to sell afterwards.

Joe
Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I agree that modified engines always add a dose of uncertainty to the buyer, although I have heard favorable reviews of the Vortech/500efi package.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, I agree with your last statement. I was all over JBK's boat prior to him buying it and backed away due to the blowers and the unknown reliablilty of the package compared to a stock set up. Stock most always will have better resale value in my own opinion.

I hate breaking down !!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I think Gary G's Gladiator with the Zul's is a sweet boat! At the NYC PR he showed me the GPS recall.... 111!

Boat is pristine!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I think Gary G's Gladiator with the Zul's is a sweet boat! At the NYC PR he showed me the GPS recall.... 111!

Boat is pristine!
Gorgeous boat, not stock power= super tuff resale
Old 11-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
Gorgeous boat, not stock power= super tuff resale
I guess it's all in what you're looking for. I've found that people with $$ don't worry as much about resale as much as those who don't. If I wanted a fast and beautiful Gladiator I'd get Garry's boat. If I wanted something stock I'd get one with 525's. If I were buying as an investment I'd think differently.

There's the other side; Where a guy has a boat with gobs of power, runs the hell out of it and puts 500's in so it will sell. An unsuspecting buyer comes along thinking it's always had stock power, then the boat falls apart a year or two later cause it was abused so badly. I've seen it happen.

I don't see it as hurting resale as much as being marketable. The boat with the bigger power will comand a higher price (higher resale) but at the expense a smaller market share (longer sales cycle).
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, the issue is not so much between stock mercs and big custom power. I would not hesitate to buy a boat with big custom power if the engines were built by a reputable builder and were intended from the start to make big power, ie. all components are appropriately chosen.

What scares me is when I see what is a bone stock motor with a bunch of bolt-on aftermarket parts. Then, all sorts of questions arise like who did the mounting, have the stock internals taken a beating, etc.

So, when I see 500s with Vortechs, I'm scared. When I see a Keith Eickert 675EFI, I'm fine with it. I may be wrong but that's just me...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Sean, Explain to me why a staggered would be worth so much more. My side by side handles and flys absolutly perfect and have ridden in a staggered and didnt notice much, if any difference in ride or handling. Aside from working room on the engines themselves I dont see that big of an advantage or extra value

Educate me please

Bob

Bob, I never said it was worth "so much more..."

In my opinion, the staggered boat is more desirable...for the reasons mentioned above and thusly prices will reflect that. I remember the first Galdiator taht was built was a side by side boat and was for sale for a long time when they started building staggered versions.

As far as handling, I don't know...I've not been in the side by side boat, so I couldnt comment which is better. Perhaps you'll take me for a ride so I can better answer that question...

BTW,

How many staggered Gladiators are there?
How many side by side Gladiators are there?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive seen the first one in person when it was new and was impressed, actually.

Quick Reply: 2003 gladiator seems like a helluva deal !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.