Bow cover or Full cover...

Notices

Bow cover or Full cover...

Old 08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow cover or Full cover...

I'm still looking for a full cover (or a bow cover) for a 99 top gun with the newer style windscreen. Let me know if anyone is interested in selling one. I'd even take a Carrie cover if there's one out there... I'm going to order one if I can't locate one.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Call Mo @ Gray Canvas
594-731-0847
2913 NW 28th St
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Q? For those of you with full covers...do you tow with your full covers on? How much of a pain are these to put on & off? Weight? Space? Etc. LMK, Thx!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My full cover will flap too much - no towing.

My cover is made from Triton (waterproof similar to Aqualon only lighter) and is very light. But that is still a big cover and it is a pain in the azz to install / remove.

Lakeluvr made my full cover. Mo made my cockpit cover. Both did great jobs. Lakeluvr's prices were much better. www.sunriseuph.com

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

I had Mo make me a Sunbrealla cockpit cover. Fit like a glove and really nice quality. When she called to tell me it was ready she also had some covers in stock that she gave me a fantastic deal on. Light weight (full) cover and light weight cockpit cover. The full cover I bought for winter storage but too loose to tow with. Have not used the light weight cockpit cover yet 'cause the sunbrella is so easy to put on. She may have more overstock stuff. (I'm talking REALLY good deal)

Tres has a full Sunbrella cover that he uses on his Gladiator and tows with it. Can't remember who he said made it but I think they were in Ft. Lauderdale too. It is bulky though.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
mjb
Registered

Has anyone used a full Carrie cover. Do they work well? How much do they cost. I have a full, heavy cover made out of stamoid. Nice cover but a PIA to put on and off. I'm thinking of switching to a Carrie cover when this one wears out.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim I've got a 2 piece cover. The cockpit and bow zip together in front of the windscreen. I was a little skeptical of it when i saw it at the factory when they made it but i wouldn't have anything else now. I can take the cockpit off and leave the bow on to work on the boat in the lift. I take the cockpit cover on the boat and leave the bow cover at home when we go to a poker run. I had a full Carrie cover for my Fountain and it was a PITA putting it on over the cockpit cover. My boat is on the covers page of the web site.
www.anothercanvasshop.com
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mjb
Has anyone used a full Carrie cover. Do they work well? How much do they cost. I have a full, heavy cover made out of stamoid. Nice cover but a PIA to put on and off. I'm thinking of switching to a Carrie cover when this one wears out.
I talked to Carrie Covers about one for my Cafe. They quoted me over $1000, it can't be trailered and more of a dust cover than a storage type cover because of the light weight nylon.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Q? For those of you with full covers...do you tow with your full covers on? How much of a pain are these to put on & off? Weight? Space? Etc. LMK, Thx!
My boat came with a cockpit and full cover. Wild had the full cover made somewhere at LOTO. It is a towable cover and I plan to use it for such. It is a pita to install and remove due to the sheer size, weight and bulkiness but well worth the effort for protection. Sides go all the way to the chines and it covers the swim platform and drives for the most part. Really well made heavy duty piece.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

having my second one made right now for the twin step