Separate bow cover?

Notices
Formula

Separate bow cover?

Old 06-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Separate bow cover?

I have a 330ss with the high bow rails. I keep it on a lift near a highway bridge overpass. I have a cockpit cover, that covers from the base of the windshield back. However the bow takes a beating, I have to wax it at least once a month and it looks horrible in between. I was wondering if anyone had ever had a seperate bow cover made for their boat.

Boat has an arch so more than likely a full size cover would be too cumbersome to put on and off each time.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

A buddy has a 400SS,he had a local canvas shop make a custom bow cover that goes to the windsiheld base and ties to the midship cleats.Works great and is light. A full cover would take 2 people to get it on and off, Heck,the cockpit cover itself is work enough.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
A buddy has a 400SS,he had a local canvas shop make a custom bow cover that goes to the windsiheld base and ties to the midship cleats.Works great and is light. A full cover would take 2 people to get it on and off, Heck,the cockpit cover itself is work enough.
One of the greatest things on the Sunsations I have owned over the years - they sew a heavy duty zipper into the cockpit cover and then option a bow cover that zips to the cockpit cover. It has elastic bands in it so after you zip it to the cockpit cover you just stretch it over the nose and it pulls back and fits snug. Great design.

MagicFloat - does that local shop make the same set up for other models so you can order from them? Do you have a name you would share? I am looking for something I can get to cover the deck. Boat sits on a lift at LOTO so if I can find something to cover the deck it helps cut down on cleaning between outings. I have a 350 coming next week.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Sorry,it was just a local guy who is no longer in business.