Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Can ya believe a Cig owner told me this? >

Can ya believe a Cig owner told me this?

Notices

Can ya believe a Cig owner told me this?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
yschmidt and i may know which bullet he is referring too
I know which bullet that was...

I really shopped surveyors (ask Steve) it took me like 2 weeks calling and talking to several. David was actually recommended to me by two other surveyors, and both spoke very highly of him. When I contacted him I knew within 5 minutes he would be doing our survey.

The big problem though; even with a great survey banks aren't just handinfg out $$ for older boats. We have good credit scores, but the age really was the limiting factor. We didn't get near the $$s we would have thought.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Gotta disagree there Texoma. "Subject to survey" means just that. Just as a home is sold "subject to appraisal" etc. If it was worded "subject to sea trail", that's different. The survey is not only used to determine condition of the vessel but place a value on it as well and most financial institutions will require a survey on this type of deal and base their financing accordingly.
I couldnt agree more with that, at the end of feb this yr i bought a house, and at the beggining of jan this yr i bought the Cigarette, while trying to sell the fountain. had either the house or boat survey came in Less than my agreed buying amount, then it would have at the very least been a reality check or red flag! sign of the times, either way why would anyone want to buy something, house, car, boat, plane, etc.... that someone is telling them is not worth the money. To me, a survey, appraisal, whatever, does not only confirm the condition of the purchase is valid, but it also lets you know its a wise investment, its just a sign of the times

boats are already about the most unwise investment any of us make, (and well worth it), but why buy one for 60k today, that is only really worth 45k today, meaning it will be worth 30k tomorrow?