Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone know this 38? >

Anyone know this 38?

Notices

Anyone know this 38?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not in a position to knock anyone's boat, and wouldn't do it if I were. I think sometimes people want to inject an opinion just to be heard, and maybe they think a negative comment will carry more weight. As far as I'm concerned, I will typically keep my mouth shut on an asking price on anything shown on here unless it is just blatantly stupid. If I'm not buying, what the asking price is doesn't really concern me.

I'm not trying to jump on anyone, it's just that anytime someone questions the value of a boat for sale, the bottom feeder line comes out. I can't buy a $100k boat right now (damn wife in phd school forever!), so I guess I see that as directed in a general sense rather than at one person. No harm no foul!

Besides, I'll sell my 24 Superboat for $105K! That's not overpriced is it?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I'm not in a position to knock anyone's boat, and wouldn't do it if I were. I think sometimes people want to inject an opinion just to be heard, and maybe they think a negative comment will carry more weight. As far as I'm concerned, I will typically keep my mouth shut on an asking price on anything shown on here unless it is just blatantly stupid. If I'm not buying, what the asking price is doesn't really concern me.

I'm not trying to jump on anyone, it's just that anytime someone questions the value of a boat for sale, the bottom feeder line comes out. I can't buy a $100k boat right now (damn wife in phd school forever!), so I guess I see that as directed in a general sense rather than at one person. No harm no foul!

Don't you have a platinum plated engine room?

I've looked at other cigs for sale. Many older TGs from the late 80s are asking 70-75k and w/ TRS and 502s or the like.
I'm not saying 89k is a steal.
I'm sure the selling isn't expecting to get asking price... no one ever should... its an ASKING price.
I still haven't heard an answer to my op.
Ain't that some nice hardware? #5s, extension boxes, nice blower motors w/ stellings and CMI extras. Nothing like having spares.

You can say all day long 650-700hp is 15K.
I won't agree, and either will many in the know here agree.
I've been there done that.
There is alot more to HP, than just an engine.
With bigger HP, everything has to be upgraded.

Or you can skimp, and have a POS that aint right.

And in my humble opinion... this boats rigged right.

btw, only the 1st sentence is for you jayhawk.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormrider

I've looked at other cigs for sale. Many older TGs from the late 80s are asking 70-75k and w/ TRS and 502s or the like.
I'm not saying 89k is a steal.
I'm sure the selling isn't expecting to get asking price... no one ever should... its an ASKING price.
I still haven't heard an answer to my op.
Ain't that some nice hardware? #5s, extension boxes, nice blower motors w/ stellings and CMI extras. Nothing like having spares.

You can say all day long 650-700hp is 15K.
I won't agree, and either will many in the know here agree.
I've been there done that.
There is alot more to HP, than just an engine.
With bigger HP, everything has to be upgraded.

Or you can skimp, and have a POS that aint right.

And in my humble opinion... this boats rigged right.

i agree, nothing wrong with this package and it seems it was done right.. nothing worng with #5s,still pleanty of parts around for them... i like the boat....
Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261

Not if you can get it for it....More power to you!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Well that, and the diamond/ruby encrusted valve covers & raw water pump. Gotta have the bling!

Alright, I won't take this any further off track!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Bottom Feeders!!!!! Bottom Feeders!!!! Bottom Feeders!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

I have to agree with Tank. People bashing are the real issue. Some really aren't in a position to buy the boats they complain are over priced.

I've tried to sell a boat on here in the past and found out one of the guys that wanted to buy it started bashing the boat in a thread just to weasel the price down. When I figured it out I upped the price 10K just to piss him off.

There may be a few good deals out there. You never really know until you get a survey or take a look for yourself. Some boats look realy good in pictures, only to find out they are complete junk in person. Or, they have a sketchy past.

I was tracking prices pretty good before I bought my boat. Just for kicks the other day I started pricing them again (not just on OSO) and really didn't see a huge drop in asking prices from a few years ago. At least in the range I was looking +/-100k. I wouldn't call 10k off of a 100k boat a fire sale. There is probably a reason the ones for sale a long time have not been sold. You also have to figure high end boats don't move fast anyway. Not to many people can drop 100k+/- on a hobby. Those of us that can are very fortunate. I for one, am also not to concerned about a 10-20% drop in price over a few years.

Lets be honest boats are not a good investment. However, Cigs hold there value better than just about any other brand. Moral of the story. Buy a cig in tough times and limit your losses.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Hurley
Gold Member

Now, relating to the post.

That seems like a really good price for that hardware.
Survey, Survey, Survey!!!!!! It will be money well spent.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

ive got that same boat ( color scheme ) 96 with late 502 mag mpi/bravos w/ new 12" color gps. 200 hrs on the motors , for 60 k. its in the carribean and will cost between 8-10 k to get it back to the usa. feel free to email me direct at [email protected]
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered

If a boat is taken care of properly, then i wouldn't be worrying how old it is.
Its the same age as your baja.
It is the same age as my boat but the seller knew it was close to 20 yrs old when he sold it to me and the price reflected that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.