38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Notices

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Old 04-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta love those Cig ads

Bet we can all remember the Donzi ad with the blond too.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:22 PM
AC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AT fit and finish work ?

Originally posted by 25outlaw
Go to www.activethunderboats.com look at the first boat under construction on page two . Enlarge the pic of the stringer system and look how crooked the center stringer is . It looks like the atlantic ocean during a hurricane . I feel sorry for the guy buying that boat hold on the wheel tight buddy. Cigs blow AT away hands down

25Outlaw,

You are right on buddy! "Cigs blow AT away hands down"
I had an AT and now own a Cigarette! I would never deal with Pat at AT again and feel sorry for anyone who does! I'll be nice and not tell about all my dealings and problems with AT!!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:30 PM
AC
Registered

Originally posted by thunderdan
outlaw,

That is my boat that is being built right now and while I appreciate your genuine concern for my safety, and that you feel sorry for me, I have inpected the stringer system very closely and I can tell you it is not as as crooked as the atlantic ocean during a huricane, actually it is straight. And yes, I have been down to the factory during each critical stage of the process to check things out, and yes insptech is correct I am very anal about my boat. Once it is done, please feel free to come and check it out. I am in Long Beach Island and belong to the NJPPC club and plan on doing the AC Poker Run in June. I see you are from Malvern so we are not that far apart.
Dan,

What size AT are you having built? If you want I can give you some credible information on my 28 AT that I had built about 1 year ago and since sold!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that boat in the ad looks like my boat! How many do you think they made with the black/silver/green stripe combo??
Old 04-04-2002, 08:21 PM
25outlaw

Default fit and finish ?

Dan,
I have seen AT finish work and unless they have come a long way since 99 they have a long way to go to catch the Cigs. I hope that you did inspect the stringers good and the pic is wrong. By the way I am good friends with AC and his boat had a very crooked stringer in it so it is posible for them to be crooked. I am not trying to knock At boats I think they are nice boats but they are not in the same class as a Cig

Old 04-05-2002, 09:41 AM
AC
Registered

Originally posted by Hot Duck
Oh yea.....this boat also has an awesome Sunbrella travel/storage cover! It fits like a glove. No movement whatsoever on the highway!

Hey Hot Duck,

Where do I get a cover like that for my Cigarette?

AC
Old 04-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey AC, you have no clue what the hell your talking about, thats my boat . Get some glasses or a new pair of eyes, those stringers along with the other 3 - 37 Thunders I inspected on a surprise visit from the A.T. plant on wed are as straight as an arrow. If you have a problem with A.T., thats fine, but why start bull**** about stringers thats not true, I thought you had more class than that, remember there are always two sides of a story, money talks and bull**** walks, the guy that bought your boat loves it, there are no problems with it, you just didnt want it.

25 Outlaw, they have improved vastly since 99, but you have allready made your mind up, so why waste my time, and just to stick it up your educated asses so much, if they were so terrible of a boat why Thursday and Friday they sold 2 Cigarette guys new 37 AVHs. You will shortly find out who they are, So you figure it out, whether they have improved or not. Sincerely Jeff Jassby

Last edited by JASSMAN; 04-06-2002 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:49 AM
25outlaw

Jeff,

The only At I have been on for any amount jof time is a 99 so maybe they have come a long way since then. In 99 the customer was not that great either. But 3 years is a long time to improve . The pic on the web site has a crooked stringer , it could be the pic or the angle or something but that puppy is crooked in the pic.I am not saying your boat is not a nice boat because I have not seen a new one yet but from my experiences with what my brother in law went through to make his boat right in 99 with his thunder put a bad taste in my mouth.I am not sure there is enough room on this board to list his problemshe had to deal with with not much help from Pat.I hope to see one of your boats somewhere , spent some time on and maybe it will cange my mind. Intil then I can only go on my experiences of them . I will be attending the NYC poker run hope to see you guys out there. I do think AT boats have a solid feel to themand are good boats but not in the same class as a cig Jim

Old 04-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Jim, its unfortunate that Ac had problems, and its hard too please everyone 100% of the time, everyones needs and pocket books influence what we do, I'll leave it at that. All I can say is my experience along with everyone elso that owns a Thunder have been more than I have expected. They have done more than any of the other three boat manufactures I have owned, plus show you whats going on their website. The crooked stringers are definetly incorrect, I just came back Wed. from Jamica, had a 3 hour layover from Miami and did a surprise visit, checked on my boat, Thunder Dans, H20s, and saw 2 other stringer systems, straight as an arrow, so its the website or your computor. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes, Cigarettes are great boats, I feel overpriced, but you know you have that heritage thing that you guys mentioned. I wish you guys good luck, and Thunder Dan is closer to you, you will see him at the N.Y. poker run, check his boat out, go for a ride, then make your desicion. Take Care Jeff Jassby
Old 04-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

Smile travel cover

hot duck
i really like your full cover and am wondering how you slip it over the tow eye and trailer stop. Do you have to put it on before loading it on the trailer or is there a seam somewhere that doesnt show on your photos. Finally what is the approx cost of all that material and labor???

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.