38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37? >

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Notices

38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Old 04-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot duck,

I would also love some info on the cover. How well does it do when you are towing your boat, what the cost was. That is if you do not mind sharing the info with an Active Thunder owner. lol.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys. The cover was made by a local company here in Maryland called Canvas Experts. Contact David or Michael there at 410-641-2228. They have made two of these covers for me and will be working on a third as soon as the new boat makes it up here. The first was on my 28' Pantera that now belongs to Griff from this board and then this one on the Cigarette.

The Cigarette cover was made in two pieces that zip together at the leading edge of the cockpit. The zipper has a protective flap like a pair of pants to protect the paint from any scratches. They can make it in one piece, but for this boat I opted to do it in two pieces to make it easier to manage and store while off of the boat. The cover is heavily padded and reinforced and absolutely fits like a glove. We have made numerous long distance trips up and down the East coast without any problems.

These covers are very simple to put on. There is a pocket that the very tip of the bow fits into. Once that is on, all that is needed is to simply pull the cover back over the boat. It attaches to the stern with snaps or any other fasteners of choice. The area from the tip of the bow to the bow eye (down the center line of the hull) is closed with a zipper. The area from just under the bow eye to the bow stop on the trailer is closed with a second zipper and the area from the bow stop to the bunks on the trailer (still down the center line of the hull) is closed with a third zipper. From there on back there are straps that go across under the trailer bunks that simply pull the cover tight.

This cover runs down the highway with no movement or flapping at all because it is skin tight. The bow is padded to protect against rock chips or any other road debris. All of thier covers are made custom for each individual boat. Even for another TS Top Gun, they would make a pattern for your particular boat and go from there to guarantee an exact fit.

The overall cost for the cover was just over 6 grand, but compared to the investment that it protects, it is not out of line. Now for those that still think that this is crazy, consider this. How much would it cost to build a garage large enough for a 38' boat? Exactly! Besides, for a boat that travels the highway a lot, there is no substitute for a cover like this. It basically offers the protection of a garage, but you can travel with it and take it anywhere you like! I'll attach more pictures below.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 04-08-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is the cover on my 28 Pantera that now belongs to Griff on this board. This was the first one that Canvas Experts made for me.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-1.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is a shot standing on the front of the trailer looking down the bow. The two bumps on either side just before the cockpit are small pockets for the lifting eyes on the deck.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-6.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-5.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-4.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-3.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?-2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Old 04-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In case you did not read the first page of this post, this boat is for sale at Lip-Ship Performance in Miami. Contact Phil [(305) 933-9988] and ask him about the 38' Top Gun that was named "Lynch Mob." I don't know what they are asking for it, but it is a sweet boat. I traded it to them to build a new canopied race boat.

www.lipship.com

Quick Reply: 38 Cigarette or Active Thunder 37?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.