Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes you wonder what's going to happen to the quality of Cigarettes

How long was he there?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have been buying Cigarettes for about 18 years (Mostly New Cigarettes) The first time I met Neil he was working in the electrical department of Cigarette. He not only mastered the electrical system, he knew Cigs from the inside out, bow to stern, mat to gel coat. He weathered all the FAT CAT owners along the way, worked his way to the top. I met Skip 4 different times, 3 of the 4 he was too drunk to carry on a conversation. The one time we did talk, 5 minutes into the conversation it was obvious that he did't know a LH prop from a RH, let alone how to build boats, he knew how to market. He did what every top CEO does when they are out of their league. Surround yourself with the best people and he did. In my opinion, Neil was CIGARETTE!!! SKIP........ From a relatively successful customer, that has bought and sold over a few million dollars worth of Cigs....I think you just Pucked yourself. As to the future quailty of Cigs, we can only hope, for all our resale values.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino
I have been buying Cigarettes for about 18 years (Mostly New Cigarettes) The first time I met Neil he was working in the electrical department of Cigarette. He not only mastered the electrical system, he knew Cigs from the inside out, bow to stern, mat to gel coat. He weathered all the FAT CAT owners along the way, worked his way to the top. I met Skip 4 different times, 3 of the 4 he was too drunk to carry on a conversation. The one time we did talk, 5 minutes into the conversation it was obvious that he did't know a LH prop from a RH, let alone how to build boats, he knew how to market. He did what every top CEO does when they are out of their league. Surround yourself with the best people and he did. In my opinion, Neil was CIGARETTE!!! SKIP........ From a relatively successful customer, that has bought and sold over a few million dollars worth of Cigs....I think you just Pucked yourself. As to the future quailty of Cigs, we can only hope, for all our resale values.
good post, i don't think that skip did that great of a job marketing, i think the product sold itself. As I had said to Tim G in an email, it's pretty bad when we as owners cant even get a return call to buy cig parts, I now use Phil exclusively for anything that must be from cig. I also said in the email it was sad that no one can even purchase from a web store when I wanted to purchase apparel, a web store would take a few thousand dollars to set up and generate tons of revenue for them with a no one in the back to fill orders,as well as an online secure billing. I think the value of our boats will stay up because they were made during Neils tenure, they will more than likely be post neil boats that will plummet(read 09). Best of luck with your future neil and thanks for always doing the right thing when it came to our boats and quality.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ManBayBoatClub
Who's shippy??? And, will Cig have anything new for 2009?
I think he meant Skippy... as in Skip!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow very sad to hear Neil is gone
Old 11-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Hurley
Gold Member

Maybe he can open up a shop next door. Just like Aronow would.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go back and do a search what I've always said about skippy. Funny how my rants become reality.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely true.

He's been there since he was 17, and is the absolute authority on anything having to with the actual boats. This is devastating to those of us that have known him for so long.

I'm sure plenty of boat companies would love to have his skills onboard, assuming most can weather the current economy scare until it passes.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ManBayBoatClub
Skip got OL, DONZI, MERCURY wtf!!!!! wow... i gotta get my Styrofoam cup of lean.This is too hard to imagine!!!!
and bayliner and skeeter
Old 11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dreamer-

not to hyjack your thread but i read someplace and now cant find it that you were looking for a set of 26p Bravo 1 4 blade props. Ive got a set cheap, if your still looking email me at scb24(at)hotmail.com

Quick Reply: whats up at cig?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.