TopGun F2's ??? >

TopGun F2's ???

Notices

TopGun F2's ???

Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
the boat was purchased a number of years ago with power for less than $140K so I mean the boat is older, the market sucks, and it doesnt have power....what is it really worth would you guys say?????
I'm glad you could be there for the purchase of this boat.

1) The boat was not sold for 140k with power
2) Say you buy the Hull on a trailer with drives for around 80k, ive seen multiple pairs of 500EFI's low hours for sale around 22k, and a pair of Merc 525's for sale even for 22k LOW hours,

3) so lets do the math, 80k boat, trailer, drives, ready to go less power (+) 22k for good low hour Merc Power puts barely above 100k for a 90mph carbon fiber 2000 Twin Step Top Gun.......

4) even dreamer couldnt knock that deal

5) if cabin is your gripe, for another 8-10k bring it to lipships and have a brand new cabin, then you have a full Top Gun Set up for 110k.

Last edited by Boomer35; 01-22-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Racer

From the past..ihave tons of pics but cant post,,

INVENTORY# 1307 2000 38' Cigarette Top Gun
CLICK FOR | VIDEO | BID PAGE | | SPECS |
INFO ADDED AFTER BEGINNING OF AUCTION:
GENERAL: SORRY, BUT THIS VESSEL IS BEING PULLED FROM THE AUCTION. WE INCLUDED THE BOAT IN THE AUCTION AT THE REQUEST OF THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER, HOWEVER WE RECEIVED NOTICE ON 1/2/01 THAT THE INSURED HAD DECIDED TO KEEP THE VESSEL.

This boat was completely submerged. Hi Performance series HP500 Mercruiser, Factory APBA Offshore series. Engines were submerged, run, and preserved. 2 180 Garmin GPS units probably not operable, Icom IC-M59 VHF probably not operable. Overall condition of paint and gel coat is good.
Damage: Fiberglass damage on portside where engine cover goes. Cracked on starboard side where bench meets the engine room. Heavy delamination and cracking 5' forward of the transom portside. Hull deck separation for approximately 4' beginning 3' forward of transom. Deck engine hatches are torn off but included. Passenger bolster is bent starboard side.

TRAILER: No trailer included.
HULL MATERIAL: Fiberglass DRAFT: HEIGHT: BEAM: 8' DISPL: 7,000lbs
TRANSPORT INFO: Trailerable.
ENGINES: Hi Performance series HP500 Mercruiser, Factory APBA Offshore series. Engines were submerged, run, and preserved.
TRANSMISSION: N/A
GENERATOR/BATTERIES: No batteries.
ELECTRONICS: GPS 180 Garmin 2, Icom IC-M59 VHF.
GALLEY EQUIPMENT: N/A
RUNNING GEAR, GROUND TACKLE, ETC: Bravo outdrives damaged, 1 k plane missing the other is not shown but is included. Upper housing on both drives is cracked and broken. Gimble on portside is broken as is the transom plate on the portside.
CANVAS, MAST RIGGING, SAILS: All hardware is like new except where broken.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokinlegend
From the past..ihave tons of pics but cant post,,

INVENTORY# 1307 2000 38' Cigarette Top Gun
CLICK FOR | VIDEO | BID PAGE | | SPECS |
INFO ADDED AFTER BEGINNING OF AUCTION:
GENERAL: SORRY, BUT THIS VESSEL IS BEING PULLED FROM THE AUCTION. WE INCLUDED THE BOAT IN THE AUCTION AT THE REQUEST OF THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER, HOWEVER WE RECEIVED NOTICE ON 1/2/01 THAT THE INSURED HAD DECIDED TO KEEP THE VESSEL.

This boat was completely submerged. Hi Performance series HP500 Mercruiser, Factory APBA Offshore series. Engines were submerged, run, and preserved. 2 180 Garmin GPS units probably not operable, Icom IC-M59 VHF probably not operable. Overall condition of paint and gel coat is good.
Damage: Fiberglass damage on portside where engine cover goes. Cracked on starboard side where bench meets the engine room. Heavy delamination and cracking 5' forward of the transom portside. Hull deck separation for approximately 4' beginning 3' forward of transom. Deck engine hatches are torn off but included. Passenger bolster is bent starboard side.

TRAILER: No trailer included.
HULL MATERIAL: Fiberglass DRAFT: HEIGHT: BEAM: 8' DISPL: 7,000lbs
TRANSPORT INFO: Trailerable.
ENGINES: Hi Performance series HP500 Mercruiser, Factory APBA Offshore series. Engines were submerged, run, and preserved.
TRANSMISSION: N/A
GENERATOR/BATTERIES: No batteries.
ELECTRONICS: GPS 180 Garmin 2, Icom IC-M59 VHF.
GALLEY EQUIPMENT: N/A
RUNNING GEAR, GROUND TACKLE, ETC: Bravo outdrives damaged, 1 k plane missing the other is not shown but is included. Upper housing on both drives is cracked and broken. Gimble on portside is broken as is the transom plate on the portside.
CANVAS, MAST RIGGING, SAILS: All hardware is like new except where broken.
WRONG BOAT!!

The ABOVE boat is NOT MAXX..... However it is one of the 4 F2 boats
Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
WRONG BOAT!!

The ABOVE boat is NOT MAXX..... However it is one of the 4 F2 boats
OK sorry,,
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
I'm glad you could be there for the purchase of this boat.

1) The boat was not sold for 140k with power
2) Say you buy the Hull on a trailer with drives for around 80k, ive seen multiple pairs of 500EFI's low hours for sale around 22k, and a pair of Merc 525's for sale even for 22k LOW hours,

3) so lets do the math, 80k boat, trailer, drives, ready to go less power (+) 22k for good low hour Merc Power puts barely above 100k for a 90mph carbon fiber 2000 Twin Step Top Gun.......

4) even dreamer couldnt knock that deal

5) if cabin is your gripe, for another 8-10k bring it to lipships and have a brand new cabin, then you have a full Top Gun Set up for 110k.

I agree with 3,4 and 5.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

i agree with putting a cabin in, however i was looking at speed racer-which i think was fixed properly-i talked to tres, then called phil about doing cabin-he told me he wouldnt touch it so i discontinued my effort towards speed racer, but i still love that boat.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sacaja
i agree with putting a cabin in, however i was looking at speed racer-which i think was fixed properly-i talked to tres, then called phil about doing cabin-he told me he wouldnt touch it so i discontinued my effort towards speed racer, but i still love that boat.
Putting a cabin in any of the F-2 boats would not only be a waste of money, but ruin the boats in my opinion...
Regards
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
the boat was purchased a number of years ago with power for less than $140K so I mean the boat is older, the market sucks, and it doesnt have power....what is it really worth would you guys say?????

Maxx was not purchased for less than $140k you have been misinformed...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd own another one again......

Whoever has the MAXX boat, please send me a PM.

Chad
Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on a 1999 F2-48 3 years ago on Lake Ontario .
I'll post a pic on the other site being OSO won't let me post pics unless I renew .
Thanks for the reminder OSO.

PAUL

Quick Reply: TopGun F2's ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.