Squadron X11 27/os >

Squadron X11 27/os

Notices

Squadron X11 27/os

Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by backell
I have a XEX squadron 27 that is 1/2 restored. I 'm putting a 540 Merlin around 600 HP. It has a TRS and a beefed Velvit drive. I will post some pic's when I get back to Cape Cod. Can't wait to actually run the boat. Brian
Where on the Cape are you located?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
what speeds did you get with the konrad, I bought a saber 28 got the konrad just waiting for my power another month away
I think I picked up maybe a mph or two at most - blew the motor by the time I got a GPS and tried some long hard runs for a max speed - 540 was tired anyway, no major damage.

Best thing was that I could run 4 and 5 blade props for better cruise speeds and rough water running without cringing the whole time.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

hang time that is a great looking boat, I love the lines!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

any update on these 2 squadron pojects?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a thread by the guy that's restoring the blue hulled one on the other site:
http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...ht=squadron+27
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Registered

Any updates on this one?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tamburello
Any updates on this one?

funny, i was chekcing on that one today...owner is at Desert Storm with one of his other boats...
Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Who owns it? I'm heading to D.S. tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

Default Squadron XII 24 Exhaust Noise Issue

Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a small but very cool offshore boat: a 24' Squadron XII. I absolutely love it.

I keep in on a large fresh water body in a very large archipelago with rather narrow channels and a new noise restriction was just implemented.

Currently the boat has a mildly warmed up 1979 400TRS Mercury 454 V8. In stock form the motor produces 370 horserpower, but it has had some minor mods which likely boosted horsepower in the 10% range. The exhaust however, appears to be stock.

While the easiest solution would be to clamp on Borla's new mufflers outside the transom, the positioning of the dual hydraulic steering arms prevent the application of anything outside the boat.

As such, I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows of any high-performance mufflers which are highly effective of lowering noise but do not rob a lot of power which fit between the (stock) exhaust elbows and the inside side of the exhaust tips. Currently there is a 4"-diameter rubber hose between the two about 18" to 24" in length.

Suggestions?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Are you familiar with the "shotgun" mufflers that go on the outside? Very small, and they do cut down the noise well, not as good as an actual full size muffler, but best you may do with space issues.

Originally Posted by cigaretteracing5
Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a small but very cool offshore boat: a 24' Squadron XII. I absolutely love it.

I keep in on a large fresh water body in a very large archipelago with rather narrow channels and a new noise restriction was just implemented.

Currently the boat has a mildly warmed up 1979 400TRS Mercury 454 V8. In stock form the motor produces 370 horserpower, but it has had some minor mods which likely boosted horsepower in the 10% range. The exhaust however, appears to be stock.

While the easiest solution would be to clamp on Borla's new mufflers outside the transom, the positioning of the dual hydraulic steering arms prevent the application of anything outside the boat.

As such, I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows of any high-performance mufflers which are highly effective of lowering noise but do not rob a lot of power which fit between the (stock) exhaust elbows and the inside side of the exhaust tips. Currently there is a 4"-diameter rubber hose between the two about 18" to 24" in length.

Suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.