Cafe Racer Prop Set-up >

Cafe Racer Prop Set-up

Notices

Cafe Racer Prop Set-up

Old 01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cafe Racer Prop Set-up

I have a 1987 Cafe Racer that is in the process of a complete restoration. It would be nice to have 500's, but unfortuantely, I only have stock 400's with TRS's. Can anyone offer any opinion's as to what would be the best prop set-up to maximize her potential?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

I'll certainly look good, but obviously won't be the fastest guy on the water. With that said, what do you think that I could expect out of her on a good day?

I've done the whole "blower" thing in the past, and even then, not the fastest guy on the water. Today, it takes an endless wallet to even be in the ball park of some of the guys out there. So, I've decided to go the bullet proof and reliable route. Married with kids now, so, as long as I look as good as everyone else, I'll get to where we're going.....it'll just take a little longer. LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I hear that and know where your coming from
=-Mike
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I have been following your progress on the paint, boat does look great. Here is a link to the Bam speed calcualtor it puts your speed at 64mph. I good set of labbed props from BBlades will probably yield a little more. http://go-fast.com/boat_speed_predictions.htm
Old 01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
I have been following your progress on the paint, boat does look great. Here is a link to the Bam speed calcualtor it puts your speed at 64mph. I good set of labbed props from BBlades will probably yield a little more. http://go-fast.com/boat_speed_predictions.htm
Hey! That's cool! Thanks. BAM just completed the transmissions for me.

I'm anxious to see how it's going to come together. Hopefully, by the end of next month. I'll post a link to YouTube once it's completed. I'm working on a DVD slide show with photos from beginning to end.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Where is the link to the paint?
-Mike
Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Where is the link to the paint?
-Mike
I haven't completed the DVD yet. I was waiting until the boat was 100% completed. So, it's going to be a couple of months before I finish it and upload it to YouTube.

If there are some type of photo's imparticular that you'd like to see, just let me know, and I'll post a few for you.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Thank just of transome dash and could you get a cleate size for me mine is covered with engines getting done then paint but want to order the pop up cleats. Ill ask a few guys around here on your set up , x-racers of this era
-Mike
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Thank just of transome dash and could you get a cleate size for me mine is covered with engines getting done then paint but want to order the pop up cleats. Ill ask a few guys around here on your set up , x-racers of this era
-Mike
Bow and Stern cleats are 8". The other four (mid) cleats are 6"
Attached Thumbnails Cafe Racer Prop Set-up-imag0118.jpg   Cafe Racer Prop Set-up-imag0117.jpg   Cafe Racer Prop Set-up-070.jpg  

Cafe Racer Prop Set-up-dsc00329.jpg   Cafe Racer Prop Set-up-dsc00347.jpg  
Old 01-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
I have a 1987 Cafe Racer that is in the process of a complete restoration. It would be nice to have 500's, but unfortuantely, I only have stock 400's with TRS's. Can anyone offer any opinion's as to what would be the best prop set-up to maximize her potential?
I figure a set of 4 blade 22's or 3 blade 23's would be great on her. Should see 63mph in freshwater, more in salt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.