Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Bullet for sale >

Bullet for sale

Notices

Bullet for sale

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It is a great-looking boat....I ran with Joe and Matt on one of the maiden voyages...
Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that it sold for only $35,200.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
I can't believe that it sold for only $35,200.
I can. The market is terrible. There was a 31' Bullet in great shape in the Detroit area last year for sale for $31,200 (it was either a 89 or 91).

The boating market is a lot like the housing market. People are losing their boats or willing to sell their boats on the cheap to avoid the bank, and other people are taking advantage of low boat prices. And, just like the housing market, the new boat buyers LOVE taking advantage of low boat prices, but often want top dollar for their current boat... It's weird...
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered

Anyone know who bought it ? Curious if its staying local or not.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Thats a great price I got more than that in a motor and drive going in a saber 28 I bought its been a yr and a haft project so, if Iknew boats were dropping I never would of went this way. but I will have a redone boat with brand new konrad and blower motor in it which should run 95 to 100. one of my favorite cigs is BIGGUS 38 top gun the nose feels and looks a lot longer and curves over. and hearing blower motors whine is the chit well now I have one when its done hoping this month. by a great builder.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Its my buddies boat. For those of you who have emailed me on ebay, sorry if i didnt get back to you. You would not believe the amount of ridiculous messages you get on ebay. I have people wanting to trade for motorhomes, property, classic cars, shipping to various countries, etc. Hard to keep up!

Anyhow, about the boat. yes, my buddy bought it from GSC last year. Nothing at all wrong with the boat. He is originally from Nevada, moved to Chicago for his job. Lost his job, and now moving back home to Nevada this spring.

We live in Chicago, but the boat is in a pole barn in monticello, indiana. My folks have a lake house there. When we put it away for storage, selling the boat wasnt on the menu.

If I were buying the boat, I would probably redo the dash and gauges eventually. As for the engines, they dyno'd around 615HP around 5500. 509's with roller cams. When the previous owner was having them built, one of the blocks was no good, so they bought a new GM block. Therefore, one is a gen IV, one a Gen VI. They pull same RPM. Obviously one has a block mounted mechanical fuel pump, other has the sea pump mounted pump.

Matt, my buddy, has the title free and clear, and is a great guy to deal with. He only owned it one season, and has over 50k in it. He knows he is going to take a loss, but not bitter about it.

Feel free to email me from oso if you have any questions about it.
You said that they replaced the gen 4 block with a gen 6 block? I think they would need to replace other parts as well such as the crank shaft. The gen 4 block has a 2 peice rear main seal and the gen 6 has a 1 peice seal. Because of this the oil pans are different also. So, they replaced alot more than just the block. Still looks like a nice boat!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
Anyone know who bought it ? Curious if its staying local or not.
Immediatly at the auction end, they winning bidder is claiming he may have financing trouble. I dont get it. How do you bid on something, but unsure if you have funds. I think im done with ebay.

I need to go get the boat from the barn 120 miles from home, and get it back close to home. This way whomever wants to see it can come and look at it. Tried to reach the storage facility and the owner was not around to open it up, and had a couple local guys interested.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
You said that they replaced the gen 4 block with a gen 6 block? I think they would need to replace other parts as well such as the crank shaft. The gen 4 block has a 2 peice rear main seal and the gen 6 has a 1 peice seal. Because of this the oil pans are different also. So, they replaced alot more than just the block. Still looks like a nice boat!
Yes, you are correct on that. I wasnt overly excited about that when he was buying the boat. Not the route i would have went if i were doing the overhauls. However, he really liked the boat, and all the other stuff like new drives and gimbles, swim platform, steering, headers, etc, which purseuded me. I am sure between the engines, drives, headers, mufflers, paint, and swim platform, the previous owner dumped some serious money into the boat somewhat recently. With my buddy being new to offshore boats, i didnt want him to buy something that was gonna nickel and dime him to death with old manifolds, worn out drives, etc. Only thing we did after he bought it was go thru the carbs, and readjust the throttle cables. After that he had a trouble free summer with it. Before he bought this, he was looking at 40+ft boats with 900+HP blower motors. I was like "no way'!!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Immediatly at the auction end, they winning bidder is claiming he may have financing trouble. I dont get it. How do you bid on something, but unsure if you have funds. I think im done with ebay.

I need to go get the boat from the barn 120 miles from home, and get it back close to home. This way whomever wants to see it can come and look at it. Tried to reach the storage facility and the owner was not around to open it up, and had a couple local guys interested.
If you are serious about selling the boat I will fly in Friday and look at the boat. If the boat checks out good I will give you a deposite. For 100.00 more then the high ebay bid the boat would be gone. I do belive the bidding met the minnium bid amount. I dont think anybody would bid that kind of money on something that they did not look at first.
If you Look at the bid history it looks like some facktisus bidders anyways. Either to drive the price up or just playing games.
Please contact me.

Thanks Darren
Old 02-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dnebo
If you are serious about selling the boat I will fly in Friday and look at the boat. If the boat checks out good I will give you a deposite. For 100.00 more then the high ebay bid the boat would be gone. I do belive the bidding met the minnium bid amount. I dont think anybody would bid that kind of money on something that they did not look at first.
If you Look at the bid history it looks like some facktisus bidders anyways. Either to drive the price up or just playing games.
Please contact me.

Thanks Darren
Will do. I am going to see if this weekend i can get the boat up here to my storage place closer to chicago. I personally wouldnt bid that much either without seeing a boat. As soon as I get it to where someone can come look at it, inspect, etc, it will be better. I dont think anyone will be dissapointed in its condition, especially at that price. I talked to my buddy this morning, he said if it doesnt sell, he is just gonna take it with him when he moves back home, and play with it on havasu. I do think he's nuts for letting it go at what the high bid was, but its not my boat or my money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.