Is this right???? >

Is this right????

Notices

Is this right????

Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
I dont think mine have a cant. I will get a pic tonight since they are out to get sent off for powdercoating.
Thank you. That would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure this will help.
Attached Thumbnails Is this right????-s6301034%2520006.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
Not sure this will help.
Unfortuantely not. Those are the old/original bolster supports, right? I think all of the older style were level.

I sent an email to Bud Lorow at Cigarette with some photos. Hopefully, he'll reply, and we'll hear it directly from the horses mouth.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey AJ i also have an 87 want me to go in and check and get a pic?????
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Hey AJ i also have an 87 want me to go in and check and get a pic?????
That would be great, as long as you had the updated bolster stands. Otherwise, it might not help me.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

If you are rebuilding the wood, you can change any angle you want. Here's how I modified mine...

Because of the angle of the cockpit sides, if you make the backs vertical, the bolsters will actually look canted forward a little (from outside the boat)...mine do now.

Last edited by Havasu Hangin; 01-29-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin
If you are rebuilding the wood, you can change any angle you want. Here's how I modified mine...

Because of the angle of the cockpit sides, if you make the backs vertical, the bolsters will actually look canted forward a little (from outside the boat)...mine do now.
First, let me start off by saying WOW!!!! That interior looks amazing!

I can clearly see what you've described in the photos. I guess, at this point, I can only hope that they know what they're doing. Maybe, since they were on the floor in the shop, opposed to in the boat, the condition looks exaggerated.

Thank you for sharing.

Oh, I see that you have a bimini top. How did that work out for you? Any photos with the top up?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
First, let me start off by saying WOW!!!! That interior looks amazing!

I can clearly see what you've described in the photos. I guess, at this point, I can only hope that they know what they're doing. Maybe, since they were on the floor in the shop, opposed to in the boat, the condition looks exaggerated.

Thank you for sharing.

Oh, I see that you have a bimini top. How did that work out for you? Any photos with the top up?
Thanks for the compliment.

Hopefully, they will dry-fit the bolsters first? I tried to make by backs as thin as possible, to give more room to the area just in front of the bench seat (I extended that a little for more support).

Sorry, but I only have one bad pic of the bimini up (before the interior was done):

The poles are stainless, and there is a mess strip down the middle, so it handles speed pretty well. As for shade, I absolutely love it- keeps the cockpit waaaay cooler in the summer heat.

The only downside is in sharp turns at medium speed, when the boat lays over, it blocks the view of where you are going...so you gotta plan ahead.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin
Thanks for the compliment.

Hopefully, they will dry-fit the bolsters first? I tried to make by backs as thin as possible, to give more room to the area just in front of the bench seat (I extended that a little for more support).

Sorry, but I only have one bad pic of the bimini up (before the interior was done):

The poles are stainless, and there is a mess strip down the middle, so it handles speed pretty well. As for shade, I absolutely love it- keeps the cockpit waaaay cooler in the summer heat.

The only downside is in sharp turns at medium speed, when the boat lays over, it blocks the view of where you are going...so you gotta plan ahead.
Ordinarilly, I probably wouldn't even consider it.......that's is, installing a bimini top. But, as I have a family now, the young kids would definately benefit from the shade. Especially, here in South Florida.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. To me, it's almost like putting snow tires on a Ferrari.....know what I mean? Does it tuck away nicely or is it in your face when it's laid down?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajacobazzi
Ordinarilly, I probably wouldn't even consider it.......that's is, installing a bimini top. But, as I have a family now, the young kids would definately benefit from the shade. Especially, here in South Florida.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. To me, it's almost like putting snow tires on a Ferrari.....know what I mean? Does it tuck away nicely or is it in your face when it's laid down?
There was a co. in S. Fl. designing a bimini top that completely folds up to be stored away when you're not using it. It was a pretty nice system from what I saw at the boat shows, but they were just taking orders at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.