36 Gladiators, how do they run?? >

36 Gladiators, how do they run??

Notices

36 Gladiators, how do they run??

Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default 36 Gladiators, how do they run??

Thinking about buying a Gladiator, I boat in Lake Michigan and may do some boating in Miami during winter. Was hoping to get some opinions how these boats handle choppy water? I assume better setup is staggered rather than side by side? And are they pretty stable at speed?

Like all boats, I am sure they have a few quirks, what should I look for when checking them out.

Any info that can be offered would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by kageman; 06-21-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

without a doubt, it all depends on driver experience..based on my first hand knowledge as I own one..It seems to perform extremely well with some chop as it lets it get some air..I run both the ocean and the bay and have never had any trouble handling both sides...mine is a stag boat. I tend to think it all comes down to your experience with driving a step bottom boat..You will get all kinds of scenarios, but run the way it should be run, i have found it to be one of the better boats out..If you expect to buy a 525 boat, You will enjoy it every time you want to boat..great handling, performance and overall fun..And turn key...Little to no maintennance, with only the oil and gear lube changes to keep it running every weekend..

Just my Biased way to explain what a Glad is all about..

Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AWESOME boat, they handle great BUT you need to know how to drive them. I have driven/throttled many of them. Its more or less the same as a step bottom boat but in a way different as well. All in all great boat. One of the nicest lines out there IMO. Try and get it stag less room in the cockpit but they fly and handle a lot better. One of my customers has one that he might be intrested in selling...good luck
Old 06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One of the best performing boats I have ever owned. I had a 2003 525 staggered boat. This boat was way to much fun.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

I Must say the gladiator is the most awesome go fast boat ive ever expereinced, ive owned mine for 5 years now, it is a head turner every where i go!, great powere to weight ratio, handles great in the rough stuff, i still grin ear to ear every time im out, i have staggered 800 zuls that have been turn key every year, very reliable power, cant say enough about it
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

They run better than a Gun, that's how they run.

Last edited by pm203; 06-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

This is great info, does anyone know how many were made and what years they were made? Did they build any with 6's?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Stick with a staggered set up. Also, if you want the ultimate look, stick with the narrow cockpit configuration versus the wide cockpit.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Stick with a staggered set up. Also, if you want the ultimate look, stick with the narrow cockpit configuration versus the wide cockpit.
PM what is the major difference between stag vs non? The way it flies and rides? I like the side-by-side just based on the room in the cockpit. Also what are the advantages if any of a narrow cockpit to wide? Bring more weight to the center?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I had an 04' with staggared 775 Zuls. I loved it! It accelerated like you were shot out of a cannon and handled flawless @ 100+. I think the only real drawback is very limited space in the cockpit and no cabin but I didn't mind. Great boat!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.