Whats my Cig 20 worth? >

Whats my Cig 20 worth?

Notices

Whats my Cig 20 worth?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats my Cig 20 worth?

I am contemplating buying a different cig 20, that needs less work than mine, and wanted to know what kind of money mine should bring. Its a 79 that was bought at an auction as a theft recovery (as I was told)so it doesnt have a cig title. I was told that the numbers are on the underside of the deck, but I have not searched for them. It has a supercharged 350 (about 20 hours since build) that puts out 512 horsepower and 525 pds of torque on the dyno (3 pounds of boost). It has a TRS outdrive, but everything to rig it for a bravo will go with it (minus outdrive), as the one Im looking at is already rigged. It ran 76 mph (GPS) when I bought it last spring, but at present has a blown head gasket, and was told by previous owner that he had the same problem with it. I had a leakdown done, and the price to repair, and make it right was in the 2k range. The boat is by no means perfect and in my opinion needs to be gone through but it is definately usable as is (once the motor situation is straightened out), as I used it this summer.If you would give me an opinion on what it would be worth with and without the motor I would appreciate it, as I dont know where to start with it, and know that boats are worth a lot less right now. I want an honest opinion on a price thats fair to me and the buyer, and one that would sell the boat, as im not fishing for some exhorbitant price, as I know its not gold. What you guys think its worth is what Im gonna base my decison on as to what I should do. I would love to tear into and update it, but just dont have time, and my daughter wants to go boating this summer. Thanks in advance for your help.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by E-rock; 01-02-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Mistype
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered

More pics at this adress. Sorry Im new at this.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...1979-20-a.html

Last edited by E-rock; 01-02-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: trying to post pictures
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whether it runs or doesn't run, makes a huge difference.

I have to say that with a blown head gasket, you're going to lose more than what you'd likely pay to fix it. I've blown a lllllot of head gaskets on some of my past boats, and it's going to cost more than $2k to fix it right. No one is going to pay you much for it with no knowledge of what the motor will really need.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Whether it runs or doesn't run, makes a huge difference.

I have to say that with a blown head gasket, you're going to lose more than what you'd likely pay to fix it. I've blown a lllllot of head gaskets on some of my past boats, and it's going to cost more than $2k to fix it right. No one is going to pay you much for it with no knowledge of what the motor will really need.
I agree with you, and I do have scheduled a date to bring it in and have it fixed at Precision Power in Feb. They are the ones that did a leak down test on it and told me what it needed. I would have had it fixed it last fall when it was out there, but felt it made more sense to have it fixed in the spring, that way if there were still issues it would be fresh in their minds. I think you know CJ, whom I got the boat from. The motor actually came out of my my old Donzi, the one I sold to Parnell. I actually would like to keep the motor for the new boat, as that one doesnt have a motor, but am exploring all my options right now. I just need to figure out a price and an avenue to get from here to there. The boat I want is already rigged and is set to go minus motor. What do you feel a realistic figure would be to start out at for the boat and all the parts or the boat and all the parts minus motor? Thanks for the help, Eric
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

If it is a 79, it will have a VIN molded into the transom. 1st 3 letters will determine if it is a true Cig.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hotboat1
If it is a 79, it will have a VIN molded into the transom. 1st 3 letters will determine if it is a true Cig.
From my understanding the boat was stolen, recovered and sold at auction. The boat was sold to a guy in Indiana, who consequently sold it to a buddy of mine and now I have it. The vin numbers are gone off the transom. I was told that they are also underneath the deck, but have not tried to climb up under it and find out.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E-rock
From my understanding the boat was stolen, recovered and sold at auction. The boat was sold to a guy in Indiana, who consequently sold it to a buddy of mine and now I have it. The vin numbers are gone off the transom. I was told that they are also underneath the deck, but have not tried to climb up under it and find out.
the first year of the 20 had no hin at all,,, the other boats have a hin on the transom..... there is nothing under the deck or any where un less you hid a hin some where your self....

In truth cigarette still owns the mold to the 19/20' cigarette there was never one built by any one with the same or even a close deck so any one who has seen a photo of a 20 cigarette will know what there looking at no mater what the paper reads... you can re hin with marine patrol and have the have the hull inspected fill out the paper work correctly and it will read cigarette....
Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

one in harrison twp sold for 10k fully rigged, 100% complete and still in very nice original cond.

So is the transom cut for a B1 drive or is it still a TRS
Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

I would guess hull and outdrive $5000, complete and running $10000. Problem is ,its a bad market right now and boats are not fetching what they should !
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I remember this boat. If memory serves it is in fact a real 20 cig, but the transom was replaced at some point thus the lack of hull numbers.

I seem to remember it needing a proper interior, floor had crap stuck on it, hacked center console, etc.

I considered it for a total restore but as it was running they wanted too much $$$.

It looks like there is a hole in the back seat now for the new engine? how about the hatch?

My guess in this crappy market, 7k is the very top of the market. probably more like 5k unfortunately. If someone wants a total resto, there are some really nice ones already done that are for sale pennies on the dollar for doing it yourself. If someone wants a quickie runner to tear up the water, there is still work that has to be done, etc. so that kills value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.