Crazy trailer. >

Crazy trailer.

Notices

Crazy trailer.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Same thing happened to me on my first time out--delivery weekend. We were at LOTO, and about to tow the boat home to Virginia, so I wanted it as light as possible. Well, we got it light alright, we ran it out of fuel on one side/motor. It was not fun, especially at LOTO where the ramps have NO docks.

I put crb76's 37AT on the trailer in Marathon a couple years ago. It was in the middle of the night, after we broke a drive on the KW Poker Run. We had NO water--extremely low tide. The boat ramp was about 10 feet wide with nasty concrete walls on each side. Of course, I had no power steering; and once I did get it aimed onto the trailer, I had to run it up to 3500rpm to get it over the step and onto the trailer; AND stop it before it landed in the bed of the truck. It's times like this when I miss straight bottom hulls.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-13-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man I need this for coming off the river after dark....no parking lot lights after 12am
Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take that trailer in a heartbeat. The roller bowstop on my trailer rests just below the rub rail. Unless the boat ramp is shallow the bow of the boat goes under the roller when I try to load. So I have to pull the boat up close and back the trailer under it. The boat is still floating when it is winched up, so a current or breeze messes with the whole process.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fwiw

Looking at the boats location, the trailer was most likely made by Metal Craft Trailers in Salt Lake City, Utah. They are big on building trailers with Side Guides. I'm looking at an express cruiser in SLC with one of their trailers underneath it with Side Guides and the broker said the company's trailers are very popular in the Northwest Region.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to look at that Cafe yesterday, the broker had it in storage at another location so I was unable to check it out but he said the trailer is a Myco. The guides may have been a custom request or possibly added later.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I would love to have one like that. Would make it much easier to load a boat solo. On mine loading solo is a major PITA on calm day.