Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Trailer with training wheels or for someone that drives drunk
Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Looks like the original trailer purchaser used the boat in a location with a lot of current and/or wind.

"Tank" had something like that on his Baja trailer years ago.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention it is a Cafe' and they have it listed as a Top Gun.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Looks like the original trailer purchaser used the boat in a location with a lot of current and/or wind.

"Tank" had something like that on his Baja trailer years ago.
Ha! I did! I can't believe you remember that man.

I actually wished I had them on my South Florida trailer because it was so narrow it was a PITA to load. Stressed me out every time!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly... loading a 30+ foot boat in a steady current ain't easy! Throw in a few barley pops and it can get really interesting...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Tank, I remember a lot of weird details.

I can say there are times when I can appreciate a setup like that.

My Aluminum Myco does not float, but Activeshack's does in salt water. (My Aluminum Rocket trailer floated. It's a royal PITA even with guide poles.) That would be one setup that would add some weight and help with the trailer trying to float away to the side.

Last season, I came up the ramp after retrieving, and my boat was up on a chine, off by about 1.5 inches. I went to back it down the ramp again so it could float over; and the heavily corrugated ramp vibrated the boat/trailer enough that it danced the boat down into position. Unfortunately, as the weight of the boat on the edge of the chine "de-crested" the side of one of the flat 2x6 bunks; it splintered off the edge of the board, and one of the mounting bolts took a gouge out of the gelcoat on the edge of the chine. You want to talk about pissed? BIG TIME!

And I know we never plan to do it, but it happens...
How about loading a twin engine boat with only one engine/drive? You want to talk about a PITA? That's a pretty fool proof setup right there.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-11-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Those might look funny but I can see the function in them. The local boat ramps around my area seem to really drop off after the concrete, and if you are over 30ft in length the trailer is so far below the surface the boat walks all over until you are half way out of the water. I have had to back in the water up to 4 or 5 times to get it straight. The last time at the ramp the place was empty, and I needed one more "backing in" to get it straight on the trailer and of course all the ramps were empty but the one boat coming in pulled into my ramp. Needless to say my patience was gone especially when I noticed it was the owner of an "offshore boat" company in the Algonac area. Maybe I'm just to lazy to modify my trailer like that but a little courtesy at the ramp is nice.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Tank, I remember a lot of weird details.

I can say there are times when I can appreciate a setup like that.

My Aluminum Myco does not float, but Activeshack's does in salt water. (My Aluminum Rocket trailer floated. It's a royal PITA even with guide poles.) That would be one setup that would add some weight and help with the trailer trying to float away to the side.

Last season, I came up the ramp after retrieving, and my boat was up on a chine, off by about 1.5 inches. I went to back it down the ramp again so it could float over; and the heavily corrugated ramp vibrated the boat/trailer enough that it danced the boat down into position. Unfortunately, as the weight of the boat on the edge of the chine "de-crested" the side of one of the flat 2x6 bunks; it splintered off the edge of the board, and one of the mounting bolts took a gouge out of the gelcoat on the edge of the chine. You want to talk about pissed? BIG TIME!

And I know we never plan to do it, but it happens...
How about loading a twin engine boat with only one engine/drive? You want to talk about a PITA? That's a pretty fool proof setup right there.
Yea, I've done all of that as well. Loading with one motor with my skinny trailer was no walk in the park. I also took a chunk out of a chine when my boat went on wrong....I hear you 100%. There were many times I wished I had guides. The Baja was easy, just slap it in and hook it up! The rails did all the work.

By the way...The boat doesn't look half bad for 45k.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yea, I've done all of that as well. Loading with one motor with my skinny trailer was no walk in the park. I also took a chunk out of a chine when my boat went on wrong....I hear you 100%. There were many times I wished I had guides. The Baja was easy, just slap it in and hook it up! The rails did all the work.

By the way...The boat doesn't look half bad for 45k.
man I know the feeling! I bought mine on a November Sat, and took it out for the first time that Sunday. After an hour or so of getting used to the boat, I lose a timing chain. So I have to come back on one. A nice TX wind kicked up as we were idling back, so the first time I'm loading this thing its windy as hell and I'm on one motor.

Nice pucker factor let me tell ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.