2000 TS TG w/ full cabin

Notices

2000 TS TG w/ full cabin

Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Ahhh, the ellusive full cabin'd twin step gun.....I've argued on here with many that there was a full cabin T/S. I do believe this was the only one built and was the sole reason for the "cover girl" cabins. The T/S Gun ran flatter and the weight from the full cabin made the boat ride a bit too wet. Not unmanagable but the lighter cabin lay out solved the problem.

I saw this boat in person about five years ago and it was in good shape. It's been the same owner but I don't know what the years have done to her.

95k for a twin step cig WITH a full cabin too high? I don't think so but to each their own. Unfortunately the broker here has no clue what they have and isn't marketing it well. This set up is the dream set up for many (me included). If I was ready to buy a boat right now, I'd be all over this thing!
it would be so easy to bump up those 500 to 625 and really have a great all around runner. slight performance tweaks would make it awesome.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 774 Likes on 353 Posts

Maybe I'm stupid, but an ASKING price of 95k for a TS Gun that is a blank canvas for any paint/wrap you might want seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I will say though the picture of the outdrive makes it look a little neglected - they just look tired (the props/tiebar/etc aren't clean....)

And wouldn't a little extra power help free it up a little and over come that extra up-front weight pretty quickly.

I wonder if they will throw in the water ski in the cabin!!

Last edited by seafordguy; 02-15-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a reason they ony built one
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
The weight difference between the cover girl and the full cabin is pretty significant. You're talking a fully enlosed head, huge cooler, cabinets, table, seats and V-birth. A lot more fiberglass.

What are the differences between your boat and this? No it doesn't suprise me things would be different. Anytime Cig transitions from one model or style to another you get mixed years with mixed options and lay outs (like in the early 90's you see the two styles of full cabins, or the two styles of bolster seats or thelife lines transitioning from round stainless to powdercoated flat style as well as TRS and Bravos). In the early 2000 guns you'll see the transition from the 90's dash (with the compass at the center) to the newer dash (with out the compass). You'll also see the different style air intakes on the sides of the engine hatch, from tear drop to scallop.
Thanks Tank, awesome information. One thing I will point out is that my dash style with the compass was also used on my buddy's 02 35' playboy edition. I am looking to pull the compass to modernize.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy

I will say though the picture of the outdrive makes it look a little neglected - they just look tired (the props/tiebar/etc aren't clean....)
That was my point. The boat doesn't look to be in very good condition. If the pictures show that, what does it really look like.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This was on BoatTrader about 6 months ago. I don't remember what the asking price was at that time.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
there is a reason they ony built one
Thats interesting.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard would it be to go in there w/ a sawzall and start ripping sh*t out?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Registered

Default 38 T/G with full cabin it's not!!!!

Broker didn't post right pictures.I called about Boat he just posted some pictures of a older T/G interior because he thought they where the same inside.It only has the half cabin!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hank36
Broker didn't post right pictures.I called about Boat he just posted some pictures of a older T/G interior because he thought they where the same inside.It only has the half cabin!!!
WOW! So the mystery of the full cabin T/S Gun continues!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.