2000 TS TG w/ full cabin

Notices

2000 TS TG w/ full cabin

Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 TS TG w/ full cabin

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...un-38-97616733

Wonder how she handles, seems cheap enough.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Too high
Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Heard the cg was too far forward

Dunno
Old 02-14-2011, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's Tank ?? This is exactly the boat I would want. I might have to figure out how to buy this one.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Ahhh, the ellusive full cabin'd twin step gun.....I've argued on here with many that there was a full cabin T/S. I do believe this was the only one built and was the sole reason for the "cover girl" cabins. The T/S Gun ran flatter and the weight from the full cabin made the boat ride a bit too wet. Not unmanagable but the lighter cabin lay out solved the problem.

I saw this boat in person about five years ago and it was in good shape. It's been the same owner but I don't know what the years have done to her.

95k for a twin step cig WITH a full cabin too high? I don't think so but to each their own. Unfortunately the broker here has no clue what they have and isn't marketing it well. This set up is the dream set up for many (me included). If I was ready to buy a boat right now, I'd be all over this thing!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested in seeing what this boat brings. Doesn't mention trailer though?? I have exact same boat but with better colors (brand new MitcherT paint job) and I'm finishing the v berth as we speak. Curious about full cabin weight comments. I ran all last season with the support and plywood down for the bed in the vberth with no problems or speed loss whatsoever. How much can the fabric and foam add to that weight anyway?

Actually as I looked again at the pics...my boat is a lot different. Passenger Dash, Deck, and Cabin interior are not even close to the same. Does that seem odd to anyone for the same Model and Model year?

Last edited by ktm2212; 02-14-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm2212
Very interested in seeing what this boat brings. Doesn't mention trailer though?? I have exact same boat but with better colors (brand new MitcherT paint job) and I'm finishing the v berth as we speak. Curious about full cabin weight comments. I ran all last season with the support and plywood down for the bed in the vberth with no problems or speed loss whatsoever. How much can the fabric and foam add to that weight anyway?

Actually as I looked again at the pics...my boat is a lot different. Passenger Dash, Deck, and Cabin interior are not even close to the same. Does that seem odd to anyone for the same Model and Model year?
The weight difference between the cover girl and the full cabin is pretty significant. You're talking a fully enlosed head, huge cooler, cabinets, table, seats and V-birth. A lot more fiberglass.

What are the differences between your boat and this? No it doesn't suprise me things would be different. Anytime Cig transitions from one model or style to another you get mixed years with mixed options and lay outs (like in the early 90's you see the two styles of full cabins, or the two styles of bolster seats or thelife lines transitioning from round stainless to powdercoated flat style as well as TRS and Bravos). In the early 2000 guns you'll see the transition from the 90's dash (with the compass at the center) to the newer dash (with out the compass). You'll also see the different style air intakes on the sides of the engine hatch, from tear drop to scallop.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
The weight difference between the cover girl and the full cabin is pretty significant. You're talking a fully enlosed head, huge cooler, cabinets, table, seats and V-birth. A lot more fiberglass.

What are the differences between your boat and this? No it doesn't suprise me things would be different. Anytime Cig transitions from one model or style to another you get mixed years with mixed options and lay outs (like in the early 90's you see the two styles of full cabins, or the two styles of bolster seats or thelife lines transitioning from round stainless to powdercoated flat style as well as TRS and Bravos). In the early 2000 guns you'll see the transition from the 90's dash (with the compass at the center) to the newer dash (with out the compass). You'll also see the different style air intakes on the sides of the engine hatch, from tear drop to scallop.
Well put tank!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Registered

This broker is obviously useless. Someone on here is gotta know who owns this. Go direct to owner offer $75-$80k for it. Atleast thats how I'd do it if I were in the market.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 Tank. Great boat. If it's clean and mechanically right with a trailer anything under 100k is really good. Exactly what I want for my next boat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.