39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster >

39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster

Notices

39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster

Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Cigarette = more money but much better resale value...

Hustler = Harder resale down the road with greater depreciation.
When you factor in the cost new, I'm not so sure I'd say the cig has "much" better resale. I agree they bring more money in the used market, but when you look at the percentage of cost in the used market vs new, I think you'll find the resale is much closer than you might think.

Example (just using easy rough numbers):
Say a 2011 39 TG costs $500,000 and a similar 2011 39 Rocket costs $375,000 new. Ten years from now the TG will likely be worth more, say $150,000 and the 39 Rocket might be worth only $110,000. Some would say the TG clearly has 'much' better resale since it's still worth more, but when you look at each in this example, both are still worth about 30% of their new cost.

Furthermore, based on what I've read (and seen) regarding the Rocket, it looks to be a far better boat than something like the old 388's, which had a crappy rep... so I dont think it's fair to compare the two. Just look at the rigging pictured above, I'm not so sure there's a night and day difference in quality between the two like there was years ago. In fact, I dont think I've heard a single bad thing about the Rocket... including the ride quality. On the contrary, I've heard, read, and seen nothing but praise.

I guess what I'm saying is despite the fact that there's not a #1 painted on the side, there's probably a lot more value in the Hustler than many folks might realize.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
When you factor in the cost new, I'm not so sure I'd say the cig has "much" better resale. I agree they bring more money in the used market, but when you look at the percentage of cost in the used market vs new, I think you'll find the resale is much closer than you might think.

Say a 2011 39 TG costs $500,000 and a similar 2011 39 Rocket costs $375,000 new. Ten years from now the TG will likely be worth more, say $150,000 and the 39 Rocket might be worth only $110,000. Some would say the TG clearly has 'much' better resale since it's still worth more, but when you look at each in this example, both are still worth about 30% of their new cost.

Furthermore, based on what I've read (and seen) regarding the Rocket, it looks to be a far better boat than something like the old 388's, which had a crappy rep... so I dont think it's fair to compare the two. Just look at the rigging pictured above, I'm not so sure there's a night and day difference in quality between the two like there was years ago. In fact, I dont think I've heard a single bad thing about the Rocket... including the ride quality. On the contrary, I've heard, read, and seen nothing but praise.

I guess what I'm saying is despite the fact that there's not a #1 painted on the side, there's probably a lot more value in the Hustler than many folks might realize.
Dont you have work to do.........
-Mike
Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Dont you have work to do.........
-Mike
Not at "work" I don't. But while on this topic... don't you have a Cig to finish putting back together so you can sell it to get that 'other brand' you'd rather have???
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 598 Likes on 275 Posts

Now THIS is the kind of chit talkin this fourm has been missing for a while!!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

An outerlimits or Active Thunder Yes Yes I do. No need to hide it its true.
-Mike
Old 06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Now THIS is the kind of chit talkin this fourm has been missing for a while!!
Haha, come on over to the Northeast forum... we specialize in chit talk over there!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
An outerlimits or Active Thunder Yes Yes I do. No need to hide it its true.
-Mike
I was going to generalize and say a 37, but...
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Quin your not around me enough. Ask any CPBA or NE guys.....
-Mike
Old 06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930

Since when is logic and rational thought allowed?

Very good post, resale is best thought of as "Cost of ownership" not what it sells for.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

[QUOTE=dkwestern;3417703]Since when is logic and rational thought allowed?

Hahahha...he's right Scot. if theres a #1 on it, its worth more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.