Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster >

39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster

Notices

39 top gun vs 39 hustler rockit w/ 700nxt which is faster

Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was wondering what the price of the 39 Rockit was and just found a PDF from Poker Runs America.

It lists the top speed at 111 MPH and a price as tested of $520,000.

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/Boat...s/hustler1.pdf

Is this price for real? AT 520K I don't know how you buy this boat and not something else.

I look at the pictures that were posted here and in the PDF and I am not impressed at all. Look at the finish quality, look at the materials, look at the dash layout. How do you even reach the keys to start the engines behind the wheel?

If anyone is really shoping this boat against others in the 500K range, do yourself a favor and be sure to go see a few others.

For the guy that started this thread asking which is faster, If the Hustler really does 111, then it is faster than the 39 TG by probably 6 or 7 MPH.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4195
I love that Hustler it is beautiful and I would consider it if speed and comfort where my top reasons for buying something. To me that is undeniable. But if I was gonna go pound on it in rough water and was looking for resale I would go with the Cig, to me this undeniable as well Cigs and Outerlimits have it locked up on resale and build and rigging is still among the best in the boating community.
I love the resale stuff I'd say buy what you like use it till it's ready for the wood chipper 400-500k in ten yers whould be a miricle you get 125k?Also things that hold value could be because of a name not quality case in point I had 2 motorcycles 1 a Honda Gold Wing 1 a Triumph trident which 1 you think holds value better?Not the better bike end of storyOh yea I'll take the Hustler
Old 06-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I love the resale stuff I'd say buy what you like use it till it's ready for the wood chipper 400-500k in ten yers whould be a miricle you get 125k?Also things that hold value could be because of a name not quality case in point I had 2 motorcycles 1 a Honda Gold Wing 1 a Triumph trident which 1 you think holds value better?Not the better bike end of storyOh yea I'll take the Hustler
Comparing 10K motor cycles to 500K boats doesnt prove your point here....
Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Gold Wing,Fountain I see a trend. Let me ask a few questions. 1. Has Cigarette ever gone bankrupt or closed? Answer no! Question 2. Has Fountain ever gone bankrupt of closed? Answer yes! 3. When you buy and pay for a 38 Cigarette how much boat are you getting? Answer 38ft. 4. When you buy a 38 ft Fountain how much boat are you getting? Answer 35 ft. 5. Why in the world would Fountain make there boats with left handed throttles? Answer so that Reggie could keep his right hand on his hair piece while test driving. I don't know how you debate the build quality or resale of a Cigarette, the market reflects this hit is a fact but if you like to debate it let's go ahead. Oh and in case you did not het the first line reference let break it down for you. Both fountains and Gold wings have big windshields on vehicles that most people buy to be in the wind and let's face it the Fountain is no Cigarette and the Gold wing is no Harley, but I am sure you like Hondas better anyways. Which by the way is not a bad thing it is what makes the world go around. And as for the Hustler I love that boat and if I was buying brand new today for the boating I will be doing for the next 5 years I would like this thread starter consider it very closely. If I was only going to poker runs etc well then I would go with the Cigarette.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3. When you buy and pay for a 38 Cigarette how much boat are you getting? Answer 38ft.

mmm... I think the 38 TG is actually 37' 6". The 39 TG is 38" 9".

Old 06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
The guys only question was which boat is faster and no one has said how fast a 39 Top Gun is with 700's and NXT's?

Here are a few more of the 39.
A 39 Top Gun unlimited with 700's and NXT drives will run 109 on its best day with an empty tank. Might do a little better in the ocean. I have personally been in one at 104mph.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
A 39 Top Gun unlimited with 700's and NXT drives will run 109 on its best day with an empty tank. Might do a little better in the ocean. I have personally been in one at 104mph.
Suprised by this post! Your usually the guy slamming Cigs ! Hahahaha.... unless that was a slam.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 778 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by duc996
i know im posting in a cigarette forum so there will be some biased replies.
Yeah - there will be some biased replies. I don't know what it is but threads like this always seem to bring the loudest replies from people who hate CIG, and those people typically have never owned one. It is RARE that you see someone who has owned a CIG bad mouth it.

I have never been in either - I am sure they are both fine boats and both of them are out of my price range. The only thing of value I can add is that I happen to have a POWERBOAT magazine sitting on my desk with a blue 39TG on the front with the words "Powerboat of the year" scrawled across the cover. Price as tested - $675k.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

ICigs and Outerlimits have it locked up on resale and build and rigging is still among the best in the boating community.
I would say that Cigarette has locked it up on resale ,build and rigging.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Alot of good points for both sides. Some valid some not. Some educated some not. Before any one bashes either boat they should go to both the factories and see how the are actually built and how custom each is. Then go for a ride in each, then make a descision. Both are great boats but if you look real hard at construction and rigging you might find a clear winner. Cig definitly has Branded there name well and Hustler is a true custom boat that performs with great speed and Rough water capabilities. Can't compare yesterdays boats to todays current models on both ends.
Anyone have close up pics of the Cig. wiring like the Hustler pic??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.