Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget) >

Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget)

Notices

Phily working his magic...Top Gun redo (on a budget)

Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Hey,

I ran across your boat while looking for rack storage in Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale Monday. I have to say it looks great in person! they did a great job on the paint and the combo looks very nice.

I am curretly set on painting mine white but had second thoughts after seeing your boat. How often are you in the area? I would love to check it out but probably won't be back down there till the Miami boat show in Feb. I stay right around the corner in Hollywood on the beach.

Thanks for making it complicated now!

Kidding, great job.
Yup Harold did an awesome job...as usual

I'm in the area all the time, I live about 15 mins away, look me up when you are coming back into and town and I'll give you a closer look at her. By then I should have the new motors in so we could even go for a blast!

Originally Posted by customryder
Looks Great! nice job.
Thanks customryder
Old 12-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it. That marina is very nice (and huge!). I would love to get a closer look at the re-do. How long does it take you to idle out to Lauderdale Harbor and then to the open waters?

We were thinking of sticking another boat down there and possibly the Top Gun for winter months. Do you plan on staying there? Any other info on your experience at that place?

They seemed to take care of the boats, on and off racking. I did see some bad fork lift rash on some hulls, but who knows where that came from. The guys I saw moving boats were pretty good.

Thanks,

Justin.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered

Justin it takes about 30 mins to get to the open ocean at the Port Everglades inlet. It's really a nice, top notch marina. The forklift guys are very good and they take good care of the "go fasts".

I do plan to stay there, overall I think it's a good combination of location and service, the fact that it's close to my house helps too. The hull rash that you saw on some of the boats was probably from other marinas, not saying that the guys there are perfect but I know mine has some hull rash from the last place I was at and that was one reason why I moved. The forklift they use has good padding on the forks and they seem to keep up with replacing it when needed.

I think it would be a good choice of marina's for you when you are down here. But like I said, get in touch with me when you are headed back down and we'll get together. I'll show you the boat and the work Phil and Harold did up close and introduce you to a couple of the guys at the marina too.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I just got a new Job based in Hollywood, Looking for housing (cashbar is working on it) Moving the famialy down start job 1/16/11, sold the Scarab, I will be looking!! Dave
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered

Welcome to FL Dave! Let me know if you have any questions
Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jason, can't wait, My brother has been there for 40 years, my oldest daughter and grandson have be there 2 years..
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

jasonmd2-----the boat looks great.....if you dont mind what is a ballpark figure that a redo like this cost? its doenst have to be real numbers but what is a range something like this cost? thanks in adavance!!!! your boat is awesome!!