Why isn't this boat sold?

Notices

Why isn't this boat sold?

Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I always liked the term "Bottomfeeders"......
Yes, that is a much better description of the homeless, I mean boatless low baller crowd.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pm203
Or, like alot of low ball strokers , you can and usually do end up without a boat.

Bottom line? You can't steal everything.
Sure you can get what you call "steals"(legally) on anything.....IF you take the rushed Emotion out of the equation... I never NEED to buy any boat...lots of people NEED to sell them, especially right now.

Of course, a Lucky few don't need to sell them, but if they do WANT to sell them, their pricing has to get in line with the market full of those that do need to sell.

Don't think for a second I like the ways things are in the boat industry ( and most others), but it is reality.

It is a BUYER'S market, face the facts, or not. Take a quick look just this forum's Classifieds...how many Top Guns are for sale???? Obviously more than there are buyers wanting them (or that can buy them), again just reality.

As with anything in life, take your time, find the right deal on the right boat for your needs and budget. ...the water isn't going anywhere...well except in TX, that sux!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Is my reason for it not selling correct??? If its not, please explain why it hasn't sold. A lot of us low ballers have boats that were not buried in because we low balled and didnt go pay retail for.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Ok we can fight all we want but the simple answer to the original post is that the boat has not sold because the guy does not really want or need to sell that bad and the market won't provide a buyer at that price. If he wanted to sell that bad the price would be getting dropped until it sold. That's the simple reason it hasn't sold.
Is my reason for it not selling correct??? If its not, please explain why it hasn't sold. A lot of us low ballers have boats that were not buried in because we low balled and didnt go pay retail for.
You are absolutely correct... Don't worry, it is a natural human defensive reaction to try and boost the perceived value of anything we own, to ourselves and others.....and more so for the "toys" and or purchases we loose multiple 6 figures on..I got plenty of those T-shirts...dang it!!

When you get older, you learn that wisdom really does comes with age...if only I could turn back time and apply what I have learned ...I could then buy all the Top Guns in the classified today...and sit on ALL of them and make everyone pay my price, that is what you call a SELLER's Market... HA HA!!!

Sadly, I fear I probably won't be around when we see those days again :-(

As I said before, the Cig discussed here it is a darn nice boat and have no doubt it is worth it to some buyer out there (that hasn't seen it yet)...but, personally I want the 03 Lip-Ship Glad in the Classifieds...if I had an extra $100K cash I WOULD buy that one today(even if I could only sell it for $50K 5 years from now). To me it is worth it as those are rarer and therefore aren't blanketing the market!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41684-en.html

It's all about putting the right buyer with the right boat....AT the right time.

Last edited by 78CIG24; 09-29-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It probably has nothing to do with the price of the boat or the colors. With no trade or creative financing options to offer, the seller needs to find a pretty unique (no boat, excellent credit, wants a boat) buyer. Look at the length of time BraceYourself had his boat for sale by owner and then Shogren bought and it was gone in about a week. I don't think the price or the colors were holding up a sale on that boat for over a year.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BGIII
It probably has nothing to do with the price of the boat or the colors. With no trade or creative financing options to offer, the seller needs to find a pretty unique (no boat, excellent credit, wants a boat) buyer. Look at the length of time BraceYourself had his boat for sale by owner and then Shogren bought and it was gone in about a week. I don't think the price or the colors were holding up a sale on that boat for over a year.
I believe that if this boat was in the Lip-Ship showroom, it would be history.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

So buy it for $125k, bring to the lip-ship showroom and make a couple bucks
Old 09-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

That's a steal
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

After Philly's commission, it wouldn't be worth it. Why don't you upgrade?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
Just my take but...I think there are a bunch of factors. Not knowing either boat or wanting to get into a Lipship-non Lipship debate. Take a look at this boat
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42101-en.html
Before it went to MO it was a freshwater boat in NY and pretty sure it has been mostly FW since. Has larger cabin (could be pro or con) has better hatch and color in my opinion but not all the Lipship appointments and doesn't have the Windscreen. 575's vs 525--again pros and cons depends what you want to do. I am not sure on cleanliness which could be a big factor but to counter you are starting 10k lower and it is with a dealer that might be more willing to take a trade. Not saying one boat is better than the other because it depends but both seem like GREAT examples (both show as 2002's on financing with similar hours) I would be curious to see which goes first but that 10k difference is something that just kinda sticks out. Make it a no bariner comparison with like (or as close to like as possible) boats on the market and it should sell
I crawled around that boat back in Aug and it's very clean.

If I could find a new owner for my boat, I'd be on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.