Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators? >

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Notices

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Old 10-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

It could possibly be done. Two thin facing seats could be put in the area you crawl into and you could possibly put a piece of plywood up front to create a foundation for a blow up mattress. I don't know how much that would mess up the CG. One thing about adding weight to the bow is it causes porpoise. Not exactly a good thing

And remember, that hatch to get down there is miserably small and the head room is nill. I've crawl down a Glad hatch a few times to get fenders. There's NOT much room down there. But then again, I assume it would be no smaller than some smaller boat cabins. My old 24' Outlaw had a tiny entrance and minimum head room....Didn't stop me from sleeping down there, mixing drinks and of course doing other things though!!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?-lindsays%2520pics%2520251.jpg   Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?-lindsays%2520pics%2520253.jpg   Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?-lindsays%2520pics%2520254.jpg  

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?-lindsays%2520pics%2520257.jpg   Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?-42470_9.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 10-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
It could possibly be done. Two thin facing seats could be put in the area you crawl into and you could possibly put a piece of plywood up front to create a foundation for a blow up mattress. I don't know how much that would mess up the CG. One thing about adding weight to the bow is it causes porpoise. Not exactly a good thing

And remember, that hatch to get down there is miserably small and the head room is nill. I've crawl down a Glad hatch a few times to get fenders. There's NOT much room down there. But then again, I assume it would be no smaller than some smaller boat cabins. My old 24' Outlaw had a tiny entrance and minimum head room....Didn't stop me from sleeping down there, mixing drinks and of course doing other things though!!
Thanks Tank!!!

Actually, it looks really good for what I had in mind... right now, we sleep in my 24 Super- which is probably quite a bit smaller than your old 24 Outlaw's berth.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tank!!!!!!

Heck, I have seen families of 10 live in smaller places then that.

Would be no problem for my meager overnighting needs... definitely bigger than a pup tent.

Thanks again,

Dave
Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Old 10-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Wouldn't you want another hatch or exit in case of fire? Seems like a good idea since there are good deals on Gladiators. Couple of Bomars on the deck?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i was uncomfortable the one time i overnighted in the cafe, no way i would think about crawling down in a gladiator to sleep. motel6 has much better accomidations.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BDiggity
i was uncomfortable the one time i overnighted in the cafe, no way i would think about crawling down in a gladiator to sleep. motel6 has much better accomidations.
Dang, sorry, but that is just amazing to hear. I guess everyone has their own levels of required comforts..

Seriously, no intentions meant at an insult or anything, I am just flabbergasted at the statement.

Hell, I have spend days living and working on an 87 Formula 242 almost every week during the summer and was happier than a pig in xxxx....

Of course, growing up camping in just a sleeping bag (no tents) out in the wilderness with the occasional skunk climbing in to sleep with me(truth) maybe puts things in a different expectation level.

Funny, the last time I stayed at a big fancy Hotel...I couldn't sleep and had to go out and sleep in the bed of my dually...OK, that's for sure a BS story......but I have thought about it before.

It is weird to hear stuff like that though, the day I brought my CIG 24 home, I slept out in the open on the lake on the rear bench seat.....no covers or nothing....feel asleep looking at the stars....slept like a baby and loved every minute. Can't wait to do it again, and again..

Doesn't get any better than sleeping out on the water at night!!

FWIW, I would only sleep in the bow of a Glad if it was raining hard...... Outside on that long deck would be perfect for my sleeping needs and my first choice!!

Fracking Hotel rooms when boating??...really??? What's this world coming to!! LOL

Dave
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Back at cha...

BTW, now that I looked at those pics on my laptop (instead of my phone)...heck, this could be a 2 room suite!

BTW, I wouldn't use plywood, King Starboard XL (the light weight version) would work just fine!

Dave
Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

I think Bustedbrick and Bdiggity are stating there is a small safety concern with only one very small exit, not a matter of concern about comfort and luxury. In the case of fire, or if another boat were to T bone you during the evening, in the dark, it would be nearly impossible to find that tiny exit timely. However, if it is something you are comfortable with I'd go for it. Glads are cool boats, a blast to drive. Good luck in your search/transformation.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Understand that 100%, thanks!

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.