Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators? >

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Notices

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

I know its just bulkheads, but I'm wondering what kind of space is under there?

Thought about this tonight; I love the Gladiators and if we ever decided to go bigger than 30ft, it'd be very high on the list (years from now). Just wondering if its at all possible to make a berth work in there. Don't need much, just about the same room as my 24 Supers bed for the occasional overnight (yeah, I know there is just the small hatch to get in there, but looks big enough for my skinny ass). I just have no idea how the bulkheads are laid out under the deck.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

If you are gonna put a bed up there and throw off the balance of the boat then why not just buy a purpose built gun with a real cabin?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

You might be able to but I dought it. I owned a Gladiator and they are great boats but the front is more for storeage
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

A blow up mattress isn't going to throw the balance off, but yeah I agree why not get a pleaseure boat?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
A blow up mattress isn't going to throw the balance off, but yeah I agree why not get a pleaseure boat?
My reasoning is, an all out pleasure boat is more weight and more weight= more power needed to run em fast. Also prefer bare bones boats.. and full staggared for ease of maint. We just need a place to sleep onboard (not a fancy place to sleep).

I figured from the looks of things on the outside, it would be possible to build a platform and have a couple of vinyl coushions making a bed for overnights every once in a while.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too would like to see the pics of this.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ndaniels
We just need a place to sleep onboard (not a fancy place to sleep).
It sounds like you're trying to save money from getting a hotel room. Where do you boat that doesn't have a cheap hotel to rent a room from? I've been on most of the major poker runs, & have never seem one that didn't have places to stay of all price ranges. It's really stretching to be considering putting a raft in a Gladiator, instead of getting a room at the Holiday Inn?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

just wondering... they dont even have a place for a porta-potti??.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
It sounds like you're trying to save money from getting a hotel room. Where do you boat that doesn't have a cheap hotel to rent a room from? I've been on most of the major poker runs, & have never seem one that didn't have places to stay of all price ranges. It's really stretching to be considering putting a raft in a Gladiator, instead of getting a room at the Holiday Inn?
But, but...some boaters actually go out on the water and spend the weekend on their boats, enjoy being out on the water at night and just want a place to crash on occasion....and some(most) of the places I boat ain't got no stick'n Holiday Inns!! :-) Heck some are surrounded by nothing but State/National Park land and you are lucky to find fuel.

Boating for me is taking my boat to many different locations, offshore and inshore, and trust me, the most scenic boating places I have ever seen do not have hotels on, or even near them.

Back to the thread topic "Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiator?"....or I guess we can change it to... "Let's Debate whether the Glad underbow is usable for the adventurous to make a place to sleep if needed/wanted"...LOL

There has to be a lot of space in that bow...surely someone has taken a pic of it??? Pretty sure we are all big boys and can figure out what will work for US...or not.....ONCE we see it. :-)

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by 78CIG24; 10-23-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Dave hit the nail on the head...

Sure we could sleep in a cheap ass motel, but we'd much rather spend the night onboard my boat anchored in a quite cove either alone, or with a few friends rafted up. For us, thats part of the fun of boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.