Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators? >

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Notices

Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiators?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
But, but...some boaters actually go out on the water and spend the weekend on their boats, enjoy being out on the water at night and just want a place to crash on occasion....and some(most) of the places I boat ain't got no stick'n Holiday Inns!! :-) Heck some are surrounded by nothing but State/National Park land and you are lucky to find fuel.

Boating for me is taking my boat to many different locations, offshore and inshore, and trust me, the most scenic boating places I have ever seen do not have hotels on, or even near them.

Back to the thread topic "Anyone have an underbow pics of Gladiator?"....or I guess we can change it to... "Let's Debate whether the Glad underbow is usable for the adventurous to make a place to sleep if needed/wanted"...LOL

There has to be a lot of space in that bow...surely someone has taken a pic of it??? Pretty sure we are all big boys and can figure out what will work for US...or not.....ONCE we see it. :-)

Cheers,

Dave

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Dang, sorry, but that is just amazing to hear. I guess everyone has their own levels of required comforts..

Seriously, no intentions meant at an insult or anything, I am just flabbergasted at the statement.

Hell, I have spend days living and working on an 87 Formula 242 almost every week during the summer and was happier than a pig in xxxx....

Of course, growing up camping in just a sleeping bag (no tents) out in the wilderness with the occasional skunk climbing in to sleep with me(truth) maybe puts things in a different expectation level.

Funny, the last time I stayed at a big fancy Hotel...I couldn't sleep and had to go out and sleep in the bed of my dually...OK, that's for sure a BS story......but I have thought about it before.

It is weird to hear stuff like that though, the day I brought my CIG 24 home, I slept out in the open on the lake on the rear bench seat.....no covers or nothing....feel asleep looking at the stars....slept like a baby and loved every minute. Can't wait to do it again, and again..

Doesn't get any better than sleeping out on the water at night!!

FWIW, I would only sleep in the bow of a Glad if it was raining hard...... Outside on that long deck would be perfect for my sleeping needs and my first choice!!

Fracking Hotel rooms when boating??...really??? What's this world coming to!! LOL

Dave
WOW

Since you're clueless about the boat being discussed, maybe you could make up some more BS about the way you boat? Do you catch sharks barehanded & cook them on your valve covers too?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
WOW

Since you're clueless about the boat being discussed, maybe you could make up some more BS about the way you boat? Do you catch sharks barehanded & cook them on your valve covers too?
Thanks for your contribution, very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Come on Nick.... buy a Y2K put some power in it... sleep on it when you want & smoke all the Cigarettes you come across....LOL
Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GRH
Come on Nick.... buy a Y2K put some power in it... sleep on it when you want & smoke all the Cigarettes you come across....LOL
But, but ...wouldn't he have to leave that comfy Hotel Room to do that??

Personally I prefer to wake up after sleeping on the water, pull into an empty slip, hop out and take some nice 7 am pics while it is still quiet and peaceful .......

.....of course, that is IF I actually used my boat that way instead of BSing that I did...LOL

Dave

Last edited by 78CIG24; 10-24-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Nice little Cig. Hey man, whatever floats your boat. We don't all get to run around spending our parents oil money. It actually makes some sense - a makeshift cabin that isn't going to fall apart every 10 years. I like to stay on the water too if I can......I actually prefer to camp out some nights on the water.......and my family has a lakehouse. Any weight that is added in the bow can be easily offset by making more weight in the back. Every thread will have its naysayers.......
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Nice little Cig. Hey man, whatever floats your boat. We don't all get to run around spending our parents oil money. It actually makes some sense - a makeshift cabin that isn't going to fall apart every 10 years. I like to stay on the water too if I can......I actually prefer to camp out some nights on the water.......and my family has a lakehouse. Any weight that is added in the bow can be easily offset by making more weight in the back. Every thread will have its naysayers.......
Agree 100% about whatever floats anyone's boat, just as it should be.

Still would like to have your Apache...beautiful boat...hell, I could sleep in that sucker for weeks at a time and be perfectly happy!

BTW, it's no longer in the Classifieds..did you sell it, or change your mind??

Cheers,

Dave
Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
We don't all get to run around spending our parents oil money.

and my family has a lakehouse.
LOL, little jealous?

So you use your parents lakehouse, but take shots at others that have been fortunate to have their OWN nice things? Nice mix of hypocrisy & jealousy you've got brewing there
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Can a cabin be done, yes.
Should it be done, is the real question.
I have a 38 Donzi comp. It is roughly the same as a gladiator under the deck. I bought the boat because I didn't care for a cabin. I overnighted many times on my previous boat (29 Kryptonite) and determined I would rather pay for a hotel room. (I don't like camping either!) I am by no means an oil baron, just know what I like. Also, I never have to worry about getting the mildew smell out of my cabin, keeping it dry, or replacing interior parts that got damaged running hard. That is the appeal of the sit down, no cabin V bottom.
As for your original post,
First off, you may want to think about something with a little more headroom. I mounted a porta-potti in mine and you have to leave the hatch up to use it even sitting down!
Second, crawling in and out of a hatch may be ok for you but most girls I know wouldn't want to climb through a hatch and into a coffin like space to sleep.
Finally, look at all the R&D put in the boat to make it well balanced and set up right. Adding extra weight up front and changing it could drastically change the handling aspects of the boat.

Again just friendly advice, sort of on topic.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
LOL, little jealous?

So you use your parents lakehouse, but take shots at others that have been fortunate to have their OWN nice things? Nice mix of hypocrisy & jealousy you've got brewing there
Nope, no hypocrisy or jealousy here. I don't get to spend my family's money and wouldn't bash anyone for staying at their parents lakehouse. I have to work for everything I have and I'm very happy with what I have. I certainly don't see a need to put down others for not having the same luxurys. Lighten up a little BLEE; its obviously not your best day. Your original post was inapropriate.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 10-24-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Can a cabin be done, yes.
Should it be done, is the real question.
I have a 38 Donzi comp. It is roughly the same as a gladiator under the deck. I bought the boat because I didn't care for a cabin. I overnighted many times on my previous boat (29 Kryptonite) and determined I would rather pay for a hotel room. (I don't like camping either!) I am by no means an oil baron, just know what I like. Also, I never have to worry about getting the mildew smell out of my cabin, keeping it dry, or replacing interior parts that got damaged running hard. That is the appeal of the sit down, no cabin V bottom.
As for your original post,
First off, you may want to think about something with a little more headroom. I mounted a porta-potti in mine and you have to leave the hatch up to use it even sitting down!
Second, crawling in and out of a hatch may be ok for you but most girls I know wouldn't want to climb through a hatch and into a coffin like space to sleep.
Finally, look at all the R&D put in the boat to make it well balanced and set up right. Adding extra weight up front and changing it could drastically change the handling aspects of the boat.

Again just friendly advice, sort of on topic.
You think thats small, I've seen a pull out porta potty put into the cabin of a 21 cigarette. It slide out when you pulled out the "hatch window" and placed it on the deck.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 10-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.