Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
42 Revolution Hard Candy >

42 Revolution Hard Candy

Notices

42 Revolution Hard Candy

Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bet the staining is from clogged or detached hatch drains. Common problem.

As for the 900's if they haven;t been opened up yet they need to be and the updates are not huge money during a rebuild. Rockers, Cams. If the valve are adjusted every 25 -30 hours and valve springs done every 100. The motors are pretty reliable.

This boat should have the updated structure in the engine compartment. 43 Rev's had issues with bottom flex in that area. Factory warrantied problem boats and added chicken feet to strengthen things up. No reported problems after that.

I'd say $70-80K for this boat is a pretty decent deal.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

70-80 way to high I see guys trying to give these away and can't no matter how nice or power. I read about one a couple nights ago 850 572 with staggered 4s started at 80 now at 59 b/o
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Mr. Cigarette was an icon....Though, I still am not a huge fan of the paint

There was another one a member did a few years back. It was all red and updated. Very clean.
It was a while back, but I remember there was a kid on here and his Dad bought a red Revolution, maybe with tripps???. I'm not sure that they ever got it to run... and then he disappeared from the board. It was all red and had a name on the side in white script. I'll see if i can find a thread with it in there and post.

Craig
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 375stinger
if you are interested, we have a re-gelcoated, new cockpit and cabin interior, panels, gagues, etc, engines, drives, exhaust, 1990 42ft revolution with triple 850hp engines that we should be done with in the next few weeks. It is all red with white interior. The engines just got put in the boat, no hours on anything yet. Father has gotten too frustrated and bored and no longer wants it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...90-1998-a.html Post#14

375Stinger was his name. Not sure what ever happened... It was back in '06 that Dad was fed up.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool

375Stinger was his name. Not sure what ever happened... It was back in '06 that Dad was fed up.
Yea, and after all that work they wanted to sell it but it wasn't quite complete. Don't think they ever did. It was a pretty clean rebuild as I recall.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool

I saw the boat your talking about at Lake Cumberland 2 years ago when I went down for the OSS races. I am not sure who owned it then, but it looked and sounded great!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Right, I see what you mean.

I always really liked Mr. Cigarette & some of the other that didn't have Disney looking graphics.

I have the brochure with Miss Cigarette on the front of it, is there any difference in the two boats?
Old 04-01-2020, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
I have seen few differant threads started about the Revo's and a couple differant people said that they "own" or have ownded hard candy but the desc. and years of the boats dont add up. I just came across this. Is this Hard Candy and if so any backround of it
Thanks
Mike
I realize this is an epic necropost.

​​​​​​My father owned this boat in the late 90s and early 2000s. It was an incredible experience for me as a teenager. Any idea where it went?
Old 04-02-2020, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Xapostrophe

​​​​​​My father owned this boat in the late 90s and early 2000s. It was an incredible experience for me as a teenager. Any idea where it went?
If you have time, check out the cig pic thread along with using google the search function. I know there was one in NE Ohio. Never the less you may find more info. I remember there were a few good threads on Revo
Old 04-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Xapostrophe

"Necropost" !! Word of the day right there! LOL