Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
need help converting rocker switches to toogle switches! >

need help converting rocker switches to toogle switches!

Notices

need help converting rocker switches to toogle switches!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

here's a pic of mine

need help converting rocker switches to toogle switches!-securedownload.jpg
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

There is plenty of mark up in switches, just not the wrong ones.... hence why i said know what you want/need. Not just place an order for stuff you dont need or want.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Yeah I can tell you exactly how to do it...Call Phil!!!

I was going to do it myself too. I bought the dash panels and bought the switches FROM Phil and spent almost a whole day just messing with all the wiring and after that was only about 40% done...I brought the boat to Phil and let him finish it. Granted I'm right down the road from him but it's a pain in the A$$!!!

The new panels probably won't exactly line up with the old screw holes, the wires might not be long enough, there are a number of little things that make it much more complicated than it looks. Not that it's impossible, it certainly is, it's just a lot more involved than it looks. And as everyone has said, you need to know what each switch is, SPST, DPDT, etc, etc, etc...

But if you want to tackle it yourself and your rocker's match up with what I have on my old pic then let me know and I can tell you what most of the switches will need to be...off my receipt FROM Phil

Here's some before and after pix for reference
That looks KILLER!~!! Wow what a differance
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

-----Google Carling like I did and then give thier service guy a call. He was very helpful and then gave me the closest dealer that happened to be only 40 minutes from me in Saint Clair Shores, Mi. I worked with a great guy there and got every switch I needed.........Bill S
Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Registered

Default Dash panels

I am sorry I read this to late. I have a cnc plasma cutter and it works great for making dash and switch panels. I just finished cutting, powder coating and rigging a new 3 panel set up for my python. If anyone else needs help, send me a pm. I work cheap when I am doing something I love and will work with the customers hardware or get it for them. Oh yeah, I also do plating, polishing and powder coating along with the fabrication. Let me know if I can help a fellow junkie out.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 3,032 Likes on 994 Posts

Yeah I can tell you exactly how to do it...Call Phil!!!

I was going to do it myself too. I bought the dash panels and bought the switches FROM Phil and spent almost a whole day just messing with all the wiring and after that was only about 40% done...I brought the boat to Phil and let him finish it. Granted I'm right down the road from him but it's a pain in the A$$!!!

The new panels probably won't exactly line up with the old screw holes, the wires might not be long enough, there are a number of little things that make it much more complicated than it looks. Not that it's impossible, it certainly is, it's just a lot more involved than it looks. And as everyone has said, you need to know what each switch is, SPST, DPDT, etc, etc, etc...

But if you want to tackle it yourself and your rocker's match up with what I have on my old pic then let me know and I can tell you what most of the switches will need to be...off my receipt FROM Phil

Here's some before and after pix for reference
God dude, I forgot how nice that Came out. Makes the little improvements I did to it seem like a waste of time!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TheDon
That looks KILLER!~!! Wow what a differance
Thanks a lot! It does look sooooo much better than the old dash, I love it and am real happy with Steve and Phil for making it look like that!

Originally Posted by thisistank
God dude, I forgot how nice that Came out. Makes the little improvements I did to it seem like a waste of time!
Yeah that's right man, I did that after you were out here so you haven't seen it yet...well as soon as I finish the motors you'll get to check everything out...hope you don't cry
Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,032 Likes on 994 Posts

Yeah that's right man, I did that after you were out here so you haven't seen it yet...well as soon as I finish the motors you'll get to check everything out...hope you don't cry
Just tears of joy dog.

Let me know when it's ready to run man!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Registered

sorry to hijack but this thread is the closest topic i have found in relation to my question. I plan i replacing the covers of my carling switches. Plan on going with plain illuminated black switches as my old switches are yellowed white and the lettering is worn off.
My question is can i get just the covers in the 3 way setting and would they work on all three types of switches? i know it would work on the on-off-on switch. I would assume it would on the mon-of-mon switch. would this switch cover work on the two way on-off? I am keeping the existing switch just replacing the switch cover. any help would be great, thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LiveFREEorDIE
sorry to hijack but this thread is the closest topic i have found in relation to my question. I plan i replacing the covers of my carling switches. Plan on going with plain illuminated black switches as my old switches are yellowed white and the lettering is worn off.
My question is can i get just the covers in the 3 way setting and would they work on all three types of switches? i know it would work on the on-off-on switch. I would assume it would on the mon-of-mon switch. would this switch cover work on the two way on-off? I am keeping the existing switch just replacing the switch cover. any help would be great, thanks
If you are referring to the Carling contura line they are all interchangeable and simply pull off the face of the switch. you may feel at first as if you are going to break it but it will come off. In replacing the switch cover the only thing you have to watch for is how the cover lets the light come through (top, bottom or both).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.