Notices

Rendezvous

Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Looks like Thursday is the day to get there!! The 10 day weather looks fantastic and we are looking forward to a fun weekend..

My only worry right now is my Freightliner. I was towing my boat home from the OPA races on Monday and pretty much lost my brakes about a mile from home. I could stop, but very little pedal. When I got out of the truck I went around and felt the wheels and the rear one on the passenger side had a glowing red rotor!!! All of the other ones were cool. I called the mechanic and he said to let it cool down and then bring it to him. I dropped it off and he said that it is most likely just a caliper that is sticking....but he hasn't called me back yet with a diagnosis. I've got to have it back by Wednesday morning or we are phucked...
Who needs brakes.....without stops you'll be the first one there.

Hope everything works out OldSchool looking forward to meeting you.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Looks like Thursday is the day to get there!! The 10 day weather looks fantastic and we are looking forward to a fun weekend..

My only worry right now is my Freightliner. I was towing my boat home from the OPA races on Monday and pretty much lost my brakes about a mile from home. I could stop, but very little pedal. When I got out of the truck I went around and felt the wheels and the rear one on the passenger side had a glowing red rotor!!! All of the other ones were cool. I called the mechanic and he said to let it cool down and then bring it to him. I dropped it off and he said that it is most likely just a caliper that is sticking....but he hasn't called me back yet with a diagnosis. I've got to have it back by Wednesday morning or we are phucked...
Cap off the bad one and ROLL IT! Wear a helmet!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A possible Friday Lunch Run option is Juana's Pagodas (Tikki Huts Bar & Grill) over in Navarre Beach. Just take the Santa Rosa Sound to the West from Destin and follow the channel markers. It's approximately 20 miles down on the left (Gulf side). Just turn left immediately after going under the Navarre Bridge....very easy to find. The food is OK, but the bar is something different, and it's always a good excuse for a boat ride

There are also a couple spots on the North side of the Choctawhatchee Bay along Boggy Bayou like Dockside Cafe and Guiseppi's Wharf if you want a shorter run.

We will be up for it, if we get launched in time.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Who needs brakes.....without stops you'll be the first one there.

Hope everything works out OldSchool looking forward to meeting you.
If it was the trailer brakes, I would fully agree. I'm calling the guy tomorrow to see what's up and make sure that the truck will be fixed. If it's just the caliper, I'm sure we'll be rolling SOUTH on Wednesday, if it's something major, I'll be booking a couple of expensive plane tickets and fly down. We'll sit on the bridge and take pictures of everybody as they go by!!!!!!!!! One way or another, we'll be there and am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
We will be up for it, if we get launched in time.
I was surprized when they told me that they don't have a ramp and will be picking our boats off of the trailer with a forklift. Can't wait to see that!! Really looking forward to finally meeting you Steve. Did your Top Gun sell?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig, I sold it back in May. The new owner absolutely loves the Gun. He calls me all of the time with his Cig reports. He tells me he walked on by a couple 42 Fountains over on Lake Texoma over the summer Good for him!

See you in Destin
Old 09-20-2012, 02:24 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Gail and I will be there Wednesday afternoon. I haven't made any plans yet where we are staying or keeping the boat but will come up with something by then. Might just stay on it. Legendary is cutting there transit inside rack storage 50% so its $1.50 per ft per nt high and dry.

Turn into Legandary then a hundred feet after the sales dept you will turn left to where they will unload your boat. It's pretty wide for traffic to get by and I always stop before the left to take the cover off, open drive protecter and load up what I'm taking with me. These people are awesome and will help with anything but you should be ready to go when you make the turn because they don't fool around. You will back under a gantry crane that will lift the nose off the trailer. Fork truck picks the back up and you pull out. Unhook trailer and they take it. Cig paying to store. They will sit the stern down on a pad and go in for a bigger bite and relocate forks and away you go straight in the water. They will set you right by the dock and dock hands tie you up. You jump in and your off. There was 93 octane the last time I was there if you need to fill or play to much and need more to make it till you pull back out. Sorry, you can never play to much can you ? After you load up for home they have very nice showers and dressing room so you can freshen up before you start back.

Run next to the levy till you get to the markers and go left under the high bridge. You'll see the Emerald Grand straight ahead.

Like Steve said Juana's Pagodas the times we have been there is a cool place but didn't realize it was 20 miles down to it. Guess I was having to much fun. You can eather pull straight in to the beach or anchor just off and wade in. If I remember right there is only 1 idle zone through Ft Walton.

Hope this helps and we all have a SAFE and GREAT time there.

Pics are at Legenary

Doug 765-506-0672
Attached Thumbnails Rendezvous-destincigb.jpg   Rendezvous-destin-rack.jpg  
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have not been there in a while, but Andrey Perdue was the Marina Manager when I was there last. He is a great guy, and takes VERY good care of our type of equipment.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
www.LEGENDMARINEGROUP.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be there Thursday afternoon Casey at Legend
[email protected]
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know if non-ethanol fuel is available at Legendary Marine ? If not anywhere in Destin.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Wish I was going, have a wedding that wknd ..take lots of pics and be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.