Need help on this guys >

Need help on this guys

Notices

Need help on this guys

Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on this guys

I have a 90 TRS Top Gun and I am going to Bravo drives. I pulled the TRS drives and I had the transom glassed in....

Does anyone have the messurments on the Bravo location. My motors will stay in the same location as I will be going with drive shafts.... also should I cut in higher than the stock Bravo location?
I have Bravo uppers with standard length Imco lowers

I know this has been done several of times and you guys have a lot of knowledge on this one
Thanks in advance...Joe
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Hmmm, whats your reasoning for the switch in outdrives??Some on here would say the TRS are stronger than the Bravo.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion would have been just use TRS to Bravo boxes. Easier and more flexible adjustment.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered
Gold Member

If motors stay in same location ( height ) your x dimension will be super high
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Last edited by joe27baja; 12-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
My opinion would have been just use TRS to Bravo boxes. Easier and more flexible adjustment.

I looked for the TRS to Bravo boxes for a while and could not find any. The only set I could find was at Victory Marine and Little Bill wanted 4 times what he paid for them, so with the sale of my TRS drives and buying the ones I have now and along with having the transom closed in, I still come out cheaper than spending my money at Victory Marine.

Originally Posted by kreed
Hmmm, whats your reasoning for the switch in outdrives??Some on here would say the TRS are stronger than the Bravo.
Trs drives are outdated and discontinued and parts are getting harder to find..... TRS boats are worth less than Bravo boats.

Originally Posted by First Gun
If motors stay in same location ( height ) your x dimension will be super high
Motors stay in the aft position, I am going with drive shafts and I would like to cut in my drives higher and I was wondering what is the sweet spot? As the TRS drives were way down too far in the water
No matter if its a Bravo boat or TRS boat the motors are at the same height... Right?

If im wrong then please someone correct me and let me know... Thanks Joe
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really hope those drives are beefed up IMCO lowers. What power do you have
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

did out ever consider konard PRS 540s they can use you gembles or you can get new ones from them. same cut out at TRS. just as strong or stronger and you can get a shorty with a bullet lower.

i am going that route in a few years.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
did out ever consider konard PRS 540s they can use you gembles or you can get new ones from them. same cut out at TRS. just as strong or stronger and you can get a shorty with a bullet lower.

i am going that route in a few years.

Me too.....
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

okay here we go.... the drives are stock Bravo uppers and the IMCO lowers.
I did not have enough money for the Konrad conversions. I am into the drives that I have for $2500 ( with a little horse trading) and closing the transom for $1500 and both of my motors were coming out anyways . I sold the TRS drives complete for $4K
as far as power I have about 535 a side. I do realize that I'm over the horsepower limit for the uppers however I do not plan on keeping the boat forever and if the next owner would like to stab some XR's in there he can do so with very little effort.... like I said a Bravo boat is worth more than a TRS boat. if I end up keeping it I will put the XR's on it
but one thing is for sure I did not want the TRS drives any longer so yes this was all planned out.

still looking if anyone has the measurements for the cutout location it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by joe27baja; 12-12-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.