Need help on this guys >

Need help on this guys

Notices

Need help on this guys

Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would move the engines back... thats the only reason I like bravos is because the engine sits all the way back.... If I was looking to buy and you had bravos + forward engines.... I can't say I would be real interested....
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default MMB Drives

Originally Posted by mmb
I would move the engines back... thats the only reason I like bravos is because the engine sits all the way back.... If I was looking to buy and you had bravos + forward engines.... I can't say I would be real interested....
You have the test boat for that! LOL It was cut for Bravos when I bought it, I rerigged to SSM 3A's then if I recall the guy you bought it from put on Konrad's. With all those X dimensions, you could call the boat Triple X! LOL

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Can't remember if 90' was a straight or notch......here are a couple pics of a straight bottom with Bravos in the TRS location like I think you are talking about doing.
Attached Thumbnails Need help on this guys-ppi-077.jpg   Need help on this guys-ppi-079.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by First Gun
Can't remember if 90' was a straight or notch......here are a couple pics of a straight bottom with Bravos in the TRS location like I think you are talking about doing.

Its a notch transom and yes that is where Im heading with it..... The standard lengh Bravo's are 2" shorter than the TRS drives and Im wondering how much higher(if any) I can cut out for the Bravo set-up or just cut out as the same location as the TRS. The search goes on my man but I will figure it out

Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why not put the motors where they should be for a bravo app ?? . as others have said if i was looking for a gun and it had been swapped for bravos but motors still forward i would pass on it also .if a trs boat is worth less than a bravo boat where will you stand with this ?? .i say if your doing the swap go all the way and their wont be any questions later at resale
Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Registered
Gold Member

The notch enables the x dimension to be higher for the TRS. If I remember right, when I was putting mine back together which was set up as you are asking about but a straight bottom. Many wise opinions were gathered about would it work,the general consensus at that time was it would be more likely to work if it was a notch transom. I am sure there are pros and cons to drive shaft TRS position vs pushing it back to the normal bravo position.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd set the -X- at about 17". This will make the bravos an about 2.5"3" higher than the TRS setup. And as a few guys have said. use the Bravo bellhousings and move the engines back. It will move your CG back some which is a good this on a full cabin Top Gun.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered
Gold Member

If I remember right the bravo is already consideranly shorter than the Trs make sure to take the into consideration
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by First Gun
If I remember right the bravo is already consideranly shorter than the Trs make sure to take the into consideration
it is 2" shorter than a TRS
Old 12-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Gentlemen I would approach this from a little different angle. I would first determine where the best location for the prop shaft should be in relation to the bottom hull runnung surface for the the application ( power, notch / no notch ) . Once you have made that determination then that will determine the proper X dimention . That then will determine where the engines will locate in the bilge . I agree with most that the best place to locate the engines would in the stock bravo T plate location as opposed to farther forward. I beleive it will give you better C/C and resale.
Just my humble opinion.
Rick G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.