Latest winter project.... >

Latest winter project....

Notices

Latest winter project....

Old 03-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rvander68
korvet: Motor is a pump gas 468 that started life as a merc 420. Prop dyno'd north of 500.

ez: sorry to hear about your o2 issues. I've gone over 30hrs now w/o issue. Last thing I did was use the Innovative motorsport o2 heat sink. Nice but pricy piece. Really shields the sensor and I noticed no difference in reading. I also setup the ecu so closed loop is now off up to 1500 rpm just in case I short another one I can limp home. If another one goes at this point I think I'll just eliminate the o2 altogether as I am really happy with the tune.
Rvander68, I'm late to the party, but just have to say this is truly impressive work! Your forethought and attention to detail show through on this project. I am thoroughly impressed with the intake work (not to mention all the other details you covered) and really appreciate the write-up! Incredible job keeping a classic engine looking classic even though you have the advantages of EFI. Well done!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Tibbstoy2 - thank you for the kind words. She's still running strong and I've not changed much of anything since this write-up.....until probably this year when I look to upgrade to a crank triggered ignition (thank you for the information on that!) and go to V4 of the Holley software to take advantage of some of the new features they have added.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

This is an outstanding project, your workmanship shows everywhere and the written detail of your project again is outstanding.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you! The project was a blast to do and I'm happy to pass along the path I took and what I learned so hopefully someone else doing similar has a good starting point.