Drives on 38 TG 2000 n newer >

Drives on 38 TG 2000 n newer

Notices

Drives on 38 TG 2000 n newer

Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by stormbauer
Agreed. So we're is the comfortable cut off. Also anyone have luck with SCX's?
the scx is a good drive,but not cheep.if a set of them is in the budget you will be boating when bravo owners are rebuilding or replacing drives.imo,xr would be the minimum drive even with 525s.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
I ran IMCO SC's behind 700HP on a 2000 T/S without any issues. I've also ran XR's behind 725HP in my '02 Gladiator. I think a large part of the drive longevity is directly related to the person behind the throttles. Here is a '98 running BMax's behind 625HP....http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54130-en.html
seems like a fair deal,i have heard eddie is a straight shooter,good to deal with.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Refer to the 38TG vs 38 Fountain thread please
I started that thread.... Wanted some specifics!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

02 top gun cobra 750's bravo xr's. it got a BRAND NEW set every 2 years for a reason. cant give you any input on imco stuff. other boat is a 42 tiger t/s 525efi 400+ hours before xr failed. go buy a 525/xr t/s and enjoy boating. get the bug to go fast and your gonna spend a fortune. then you have to decide if you wanna pony up the big bucks up front and convert to arnesons or spread out a couple sets of new xr's/ imcos 2-3 times and exceed the cost of the arnesons.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I started that thread.... Wanted some specifics!
Really? I didn't notice
Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I here lots of different things on the Drives on god TG's .... So what is the deal? If bravo's what us max HP before issues 525??? Of course SSM best bet but any1 running iMCO SCX with good luck? Let's say 700-850hp.....

Looking to get some direction before searching for new ride...
Here is your solution...
Attached Thumbnails Drives on 38 TG 2000 n newer-013.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I am all said and done should keep the Eliminator when I feel the itch for speed and get a TG fun time������
Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Here is your solution...

What HE^^^^ said!! Is the Ultimate solution. I talked to Rik a couple times. about my Gun. Decided to go SCXs- right decision?? to be determined, One summer under the belt with them. Except for all the screws backing out of the New Imco hinge pins on the New IMCO Gimbals and NEW IMCO Helmets( GO figure )! 750 HP SMITH POWER

Anybody need some XR's? Cause you will and now I have 2 extra sets.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

OP- I feel for ya. Tough decision that many of us go through. Basically the Arneson Bravo Conversion is the best overall bang for the buck PLUS gives you the best performance. That's proven FACT. Does cost more then the standard SCX but less then X-Power or #6, about equal to SCX-4.

The SCX is a nice drive that will gain reliability over XR drives. Don't forget about upgrading you gimbal ring, helmet, and reservoir (and as we just read the Imco parts are not perfect)You might slow down a little. You might "dial" the boat in playing with drive height and props. You might want to have your lowers blueprinted by WCM. You might need to change your Tie Bar. Etc etc etc. It adds up fast, that's all there is to it. By the time your said and done your boats STILL rigged with many old worn out parts, transom assembly, hydraulic steering, etc, slower then the Arneson, but at least you saved money on props.

SCX-4 has not proven itself on a V-HULL. (or on every Cat for that matter) You WILL need to dial this drive in and Imco support is NOT as good as RIK at Arneson. You will need everything the SCX PLUS extension boxes and the same props as Arnesons. Your boat still has old worn out parts on her, slower then the Arneson, etc, But on the bright side it was like a payment plan, you were able to start out with a -4 and by the time you bought all the extras you had more into it then a ASD7 with less performance!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Here is your solution...
Looks like a true bolt on set up. with no mods to the notch or transom. Rik is that true?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.