steering issue question

Notices

steering issue question

Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
i got looking at the boat... and i see is got power steering.. so tomorrow im gunna fire it up and run it and see if it gets any easier.. one more... now, it might have just been another long day, but i made my way to the helm, and was taking apart the throttles, and it seems like its witch craft to take them apart to unhook from the levers. need to repaint the dash obv but because at half throttle the carbs are WOT so i want to figure out why... i was thinking the wrong cables, but i looked at the cables and it doesnt seem like they were put in any later than everything else. anyone experience this ever?
Depending on the brand of your throttles, there are usually a number of adjustments by moving the pins and the cable holders. It's a little difficult to describe, but if you take the throttles apart, it's pretty intuitive.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Like oc said. You have to change the fulcrum point to alter the travel distance for your cables
Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

If you have cable power steering it'll be nearly impossible to steer without the engine that has the pump running. Fire it up and check it out.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
Like oc said. You have to change the fulcrum point to alter the travel distance for your cables
You said it a lot more scientifically than I - good job! Obviously not your first rodeo with throttle assemblies! LOL

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
You said it a lot more scientifically than I - good job! Obviously not your first rodeo with throttle assemblies! LOL
yup. took the throttles apart. seems there is only one point of attachment. i know what your saying about different fulcrum points. cables are super tight i could hardly get enough slack to pull the throttles out of the hole. going to see what i can do with it tomorrow. thanks for the responses and help!