Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Does anyone know anything about this 2000 T/S from New Jersey? >

Does anyone know anything about this 2000 T/S from New Jersey?

Notices

Does anyone know anything about this 2000 T/S from New Jersey?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Where did the other 3 F2 twin steps fall in this order?
Lipship boat is in Az it won the world champion in F2 in 2000
MAXX F2 is on the east coast , want to say New York or Florida.
Speed racer was raced by dick simon and Sean Stinson for a short time (rolled at one time) but was taken to the cig factory and completely gone through when Jeff Cheng bought it. Chad (jawbreakerkid) owner it twice. It's still on loto.
And Tres Martin virgin F2 is in california owned by the owner of herring propellers and was for sale recently. Don't know if it was sold.

There was also a single step F2 boat (cloudy bubbly cigarette script down the sides) actually a really cool looking boat. It's in loto I believe too, it also rolled at one point.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
congrats!! your road trip was a little more successful then mine!
Thanks! Man it was a long ride back boat did not fit well on trailer,just got home.

Your perfect boat is out there you will be towing it home before you know it!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Congrats on the boat! Not dogging it but I am thinking paint on the hull sides are not original..
1. It doesn't match the top deck
2. Does not match the gauge panels
3. Looks like a Harold design but is excluding the details.

I hope you find Minimal issues and it goes good!
Jr.
Thanks! I will start a new thread once I get this project underway.

It should all match by next spring.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Registered

I saw MAXX two years ago in Lake George NY. there were no engines in it but still was very clean,

Dean
Old 09-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soggy bottom
I saw MAXX two years ago in Lake George NY. there were no engines in it but still was very clean,

Dean
Yea, it was for sale w/out power for a while. Saw it on the key west poker run a few years back. Nice boat. Though My least favorite paint of the 4 F2's.

Y24, congrats on the purchase. It'll be interesting to see what all it's going to take to make it perfect.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
No, they did not. It was the first year of the TS. Miami two step and rice hauler were hulls one and two after the lip-ship world champion f2 boat. They were still building straight bottom guns as well. It was a huge year of transition for cigarette. Changing cabins around, new hulls, new aesthetic changes, coming out of the single step debacle... First time the gun had started a visual transformation that's been pretty ongoing since. Hull sat dormant (design wise) for 13 years!!!
I think I asked my original question wrong. You said lip ship f2 was first ts hull, then Miami two step then rice hauler. Were the other f2 boats hull 4, 5, 6?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
I think I asked my original question wrong. You said lip ship f2 was first ts hull, then Miami two step then rice hauler. Were the other f2 boats hull 4, 5, 6?
Ah! I actually don't know the hull numbers. I was told Miami Two Step owned by Chet Huffman and Rice Hauler owned by Rob Shin were the first two non-race built T/S Guns. I'm not sure exactly where the other F2 boats fell into that line up. They were all built around the same time.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tank,

Just a few comments from memory. But my Boat "Rice Hauler V" was the first out of the "new" Twin Step Mold and a 2001. You can always confirm this by checking the transoms for "square" Chet's Miami 2 Step and others (this one too if I'm right) are off square about 3/4 an inch side to side from the "old 2000 molds".

At any rate the reason I chimed in is that the dash panels on this one are reminiscent of "Stevie G's" twin step "Kisses 4U" which was the second twin step Phil did in 2000 right after Chet's and was powered by HP 500's. (The Chart Flap is like Chet's though) at any rate If memory serves me right this boat (Originally Stevie G's) was eventually bought by Brett Furshman (?) who was racing the old Mikkosukee Gaming Boat back then. He was used This rascal as a personal ride, and I believe it was reported as stolen for the insurance money but the scam was discovered. It looks to have been painted IF this is correct. and I apologize if I am wrong in any of my reminisces. I'm only going by memory and it WAS just a few years back.

Best,
rob..

Last edited by Rice Hauler; 09-20-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rice Hauler
Tank,

Just a few comments from memory. But my Boat "Rice Hauler V" was the first out of the "new" Twin Step Mold and a 2001. You can always confirm this by checking the transoms for "square" Chet's Miami 2 Step and others (this one too if I'm right) are off square about 3/4 an inch side to side from the "old 2000 molds".

At any rate the reason I chimed in is that the dash panels on this one are reminiscent of "Stevie G's" twin step "Kisses 4U" which was the second twin step Phil did in 2000 right after Chet's and was powered by HP 500's. (The Chart Flap is like Chet's though) at any rate If memory serves me right this boat (Originally Stevie G's) was eventually bought by Brett Furshman (?) who was racing the old Mikkosukee Gaming Boat back then. He was used This rascal as a personal ride, and I believe it was reported as stolen for the insurance money but the scam was discovered. It looks to have been painted IF this is correct. and I apologize if I am wrong in any of my reminisces. I'm only going by memory and it WAS just a few years back.

Best,
rob..
I believe you're spot on Rob.

We're all going off our tired memories Rob. lol

Hope to catch up with you soon bro.

Sorry we have completely hijacked the thread!

Last edited by thisistank; 09-20-2014 at 04:12 PM.