Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
2000 Top gun T/S Restore >

2000 Top gun T/S Restore

Notices

2000 Top gun T/S Restore

Old 12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats and good luck, sounds like you have your work cut out for you this winter. 500efi's for power? I would be careful putting any weight up in the front cabin. There's a reason cigarette left that unfinished and I don't think you want the bow riding any lower in the water. Once again congrats and look forward to seeing the progress this winter.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Congrats and good luck, sounds like you have your work cut out for you this winter. 500efi's for power? I would be careful putting any weight up in the front cabin. There's a reason cigarette left that unfinished and I don't think you want the bow riding any lower in the water. Once again congrats and look forward to seeing the progress this winter.
Thank you. Yes they are 500's. As far as the cabin up front I have been trying to get all the info I can on this, and I have pretty much read all I can find. It seems so many of the newer ones are finished up front, so I really cannot seem to get a straight answer on if it is a good idea or bad.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Do you have any pics of your cabin? None of the newer ones are finished all the way to the bow, some have beds some don't. Mine has a bed and about last 5-6ft is unfinished. Also one upgrade that is a must is a wind screen, the difference is night and day compared to those flaps and I think they look better. I see your interior is out, how hard is it to get side cockpit panels out? I'm going to put some speakers in but don't want to wreck existing panels.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha24
Thank you, which Top Gun were you looking at?

One in FL, I think it was a stripped bank repo,
Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Do you have any pics of your cabin? None of the newer ones are finished all the way to the bow, some have beds some don't. Mine has a bed and about last 5-6ft is unfinished. Also one upgrade that is a must is a wind screen, the difference is night and day compared to those flaps and I think they look better. I see your interior is out, how hard is it to get side cockpit panels out? I'm going to put some speakers in but don't want to wreck existing panels.

All I really want to do is add the bed, just in case we need a place to crash,not all the way to the bow. Right now I just have the 2 benches on either side.

I was just reading about the windscreen and just added it to the list thanks.

As far as the side panels coming out it is really easy they are just held in with Christmas trees, only problem will be if they break like some of mine did you will have to peel back vinyl to install new ones, which would not be to difficult either.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
One in FL, I think it was a stripped bank repo,
The auction one? I looked at that when I was down for the races, it sold for I think $41,500 I tried to buy but I do not believe National Liquidators would have let that happen.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha24
For those wondering what happened to that T/S on Ebay in NJ, you know the one. The one with rebuilt engines all ready to go, owned by an older gentleman,checked out by mechanic, so that would mean it was well taken care of..........You know the boat we have all at least bought 1 similar cream puff.

I pretty much figured this is how this would end up.

Well this minor little restore is under way...3rd boat in 3 years.This one is pretty much a complete restore everything being replaced. I am done after this boat is complete for at least 2 seasons,well unless I can find an abused 39 that needs some love.
Most of boat will be new by the time spring rolls around.

I am still always amazed that people spend this much money on their boats and do not take care of

Where to start.
Engines, they were on there last ride, would have been lucky to make it threw a month of boating, they are at the builder now, building engines so that they are capable of handling Whipples, I will be running stock for this upcoming season.Low 80's will be fast enough for me for at least this season.
New paint, Mitcher T this is scheduled for 2nd week in January
New transom assemblies.
Replace all cables hoses ect.
New dash
New interior
Pump out head
Possibly finishing front half of cabin.
Before pics and tear down pics attached will post pics as build moves along.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]534415[/ATTACH]
yammi,,contact glas dave for the updated fiberglass insert for the newer look,,pm me and ill forward his number to you,,he also has the mold for the rear raised engine hatch to clear the blowers..

P.S. who is doing the motors? hopefully not the guy downtown fox lake..
Old 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
yammi,,contact glas dave for the updated fiberglass insert for the newer look,,pm me and ill forward his number to you,,he also has the mold for the rear raised engine hatch to clear the blowers..

P.S. who is doing the motors? hopefully not the guy downtown fox lake..
PM sent thank you. I think I know who you are referring to in fox lake, that is NOT who I am using. Mason from Skunk Works now builds my engines, he knows his chit, Mason is the only guy I let work on my boat other than myself.
I am pretty picky who I let work on my toys.

Last edited by Yamaha24; 12-16-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 251 Posts

does not look like an abused boat with those pictures!

but will sure look better with the paint scheme you showcased!

keep posting pictures!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to seeing it on the water. Great choice on the graphics.
Power source cost me a motor a few years ago. Never again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.