Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
One of the five becomes a Six >

One of the five becomes a Six

Notices

One of the five becomes a Six

Old 04-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

MMB...........I went to the races in the Keys 2 years ago, and I believe I saw your boat parked in a slip at a local marina down there.Not sure if you owned it then or not, but this was a smaller marina and your boat stuck out like a sore thumb! LOL,,,,looked awesome
Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Mine isn't fast but I spin them in. Docking not great. But I have spun them in on all 4 Cigarettes that I have had so why change my poor parking ability now. My friends wouldn't recognize me if I didn't struggle. On the Straight Bottom Top Gun it was good for almost 5 MPH difference, no joke.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 99 Posts

Great thread thanks!

The "best" prop spinning in is not always the "best" prop spinning out....

Wish it was more affordable to test props since every boat and setup is different, let alone giving yourself time to adjust getting a feel for what prop rotation does all while blocking out internet hype.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 459 Likes on 207 Posts

offshore, what size props are you running on those SSM 5s? I just picked up another pair, and you're right, prop budget is drained, get s expensive real quick.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo ZP how about that go pro footage lol. Or even cell phone vid will work too. Want to see you guys handy work in action. We're getting screwed with a winter that won't go away and I'm running out of boat vids to watch on my smart tv.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:41 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
MMB...........I went to the races in the Keys 2 years ago, and I believe I saw your boat parked in a slip at a local marina down there.Not sure if you owned it then or not, but this was a smaller marina and your boat stuck out like a sore thumb! LOL,,,,looked awesome
Thanks! If it was my boat it was me! Last owner never took it to Key West
Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shepnic74
Sooooo ZP how about that go pro footage lol. Or even cell phone vid will work too. Want to see you guys handy work in action. We're getting screwed with a winter that won't go away and I'm running out of boat vids to watch on my smart tv.
MRP ran the boat about 4 hours on the St. John's river last weekend. It ran great. I was in my Skater, so no video. I don't even own a Go Pro. I did see him rooster tail soak two boats that would not give way at a marker. It was a great trip, here's a picture my wife took of her reflection in the dash while cruising
Attached Thumbnails One of the five becomes a Six-image.jpg  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Registered

Well I guess I won't hold it against you for not owning a GoPro lol. Thanks for the pics keep'em coming.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shepnic74
Well I guess I won't hold it against you for not owning a GoPro lol. Thanks for the pics keep'em coming.
Well I had one of the first ones. All I got was a bunch of pictures of me upside down trying to see if it was on, working, running. Most of the time it was not. I bet the new ones are much better. I gave it away
Old 04-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

I know how that can be. Even the newer ones can be somewhat tricky to use. I had one on a pole for our local run last year that I handed to the wife and when I reviewed it there was a bunch of stills of her face and chest. She had accidentally switched it to still pic mode but I did enjoy all the cleavage shots with her lifvest on lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.