Who's running AV fuel in ther Cigs?

Notices

Who's running AV fuel in ther Cigs?

Old 05-09-2016, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
ANY non ethanol fuel is fine for 6+ months and when treated with some Stabil will be fine for well over a year.
I agree completely, luckily we have no problem getting ethanol free here at LOTO.

I even avoid the Stabil in my catalyzed 2011 Formula but usually only have it stored for 4 months.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AV gas will foul sensors in newer stuff, it should run fine on the older non fuel injected stuff , the 100 LL octane rating is different than the street pump gas rating,
It has lead in it,....local to me the 100 LL is 4.00 usd per gallon, will need to fill it in cans or a tank, they wont fill it into cars or boats
Old 05-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When we lived by the local airport, I ran AV gas all the time. It was about 1 dollar more a gal, so it was cheap insurance. I could pull the boat right up to the pump
and put it in....Pumps went way faster than the local auto gas station....All my stuff is old school....since we moved I run 91 and it doesn't run near as good....02
Old 05-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts
Thumbs down

Lead, I hear that`s great for kids to get exposed to. Also great for adults and I wonder what percentage goes out the exhaust right into the water.
the fish, and ends up on your dinner plate.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 05-10-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
ANY non ethanol fuel is fine for 6+ months and when treated with some Stabil will be fine for well over a year.
When I bought the Mistress (it had already been sitting for 21 years) nothing was affected more than the fuel that remained 70 gallons or so, I hired a company
to pumped it out they also chemically cleaned the tank. ..............they recommened, for the future not to use Stabil, but to use "Gas-Shok" supposed to be the
best ............anybody use "Gas-Shok" ?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Lead, I hear that`s great for kids to get exposed to. Also great for adults and I wonder what percentage goes out the exhaust right into the water.
Lead is the least of your problems if you are eating that Chitty fish out of the Great Lakes. May want to think about the Mercury instead.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Lead is the least of your problems if you are eating that Chitty fish out of the Great Lakes. May want to think about the Mercury instead.
There's lots of Mercurys running around in the Great Lakes...
Old 05-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Scippy,,,,Depending on location, and time of year, Av-Gas will have many different components. Make sure, if you do use it that you have an idea whats in there. My family owned a small airport up into the 90s and I tried Av-Gas on different occasions in a 427/425hp 66 Corvette and got wildly different performance (sometimes very bad).......Bill S
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a Darr question...............
Old 05-10-2016, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Lead is natural in our environment and the small amount in 100LL is probably 1/10 what was in good old ETHYL. The only time lead became a problem was when it was used in relatively high concentrations in paint as a biocide (even higher concentrations in antifoul marine paint). It made the paint taste sweet, that's why kids were prone to eating it if it was peeling. Bad thing is peeling paint was more likely in low income areas so kids of not too bright parents got even stupider.

Even in low concentrations the lead can foul sensors designed for modern unleaded gasoline engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.