Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
38's No power... any out there reasonable? >

38's No power... any out there reasonable?

Notices

38's No power... any out there reasonable?

Old 08-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
that 92 TG for $16k on PBSS sure looked nice. I've dropped more than that on the Cafe & still have a long way to go. I could have done engine & drive swap & been way ahead.
Been talking to him for a year, it just needs too much rigging and trailer, its totally gutted by the time I rig it and get a trailer I could go buy one done
Old 08-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

89 Cafe, 420s, TRS boat, sitting for a while, new Aluminum Trailer, if interested i can get you a number for contact
Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Been talking to him for a year, it just needs too much rigging and trailer, its totally gutted by the time I rig it and get a trailer I could go buy one done
How much cheaper do you expect to find than 16 grand for a Top Gun? I'm not intending to be inflammatory, I am really just curious in your mind what the ideal purchase would be. To me, 16 grand for that boat seems pretty inexpensive.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
89 Cafe, 420s, TRS boat, sitting for a while, new Aluminum Trailer, if interested i can get you a number for contact
In Lake George?
Old 08-24-2017, 05:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by donzi matt
How much cheaper do you expect to find than 16 grand for a Top Gun? I'm not intending to be inflammatory, I am really just curious in your mind what the ideal purchase would be. To me, 16 grand for that boat seems pretty inexpensive.
Not really, what are you getting for 16,000? a hull with gauges, steering wheel, and interior.... no rigging at all, no tabs, no inner and outers, no trailer, by the time you get everything needed and a trailer your into it more then a running boat would be, plus it needs paint work he said, clear flaking, I want something decent not a huge project....I value what I look at as parts, that gun has about 5000 in parts on it.... not worth 16,000 to me..

I have a deal I am looking at that's actually pretty much what I want fully rigged and trailer for not much more money... hoping it works out..there are the right deals out there and I will wait for that deal if needed..
Old 08-24-2017, 05:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Only way I will do TRS again is in a gun, knowing I will change them later for a keeper boat....
Old 08-24-2017, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes
Old 08-24-2017, 06:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was not really looking at cafes, but found a couple and started researching size between that and a gun, seems they are nearly the same in cabin and cockpit space, so the right café works also...just has to be right deals...
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes
Anniversary boat.. That thing didnt get a whole lot of love, I looked at it a few springs ago. It was soaking wet, water had frozen in it over the winter, engine hatch was delamed, hatches leaked, etc etc.. Not the type of boat I'd point Tim in the direction of. That one needs a total resto...
Old 08-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
Anniversary boat.. That thing didnt get a whole lot of love, I looked at it a few springs ago. It was soaking wet, water had frozen in it over the winter, engine hatch was delamed, hatches leaked, etc etc.. Not the type of boat I'd point Tim in the direction of. That one needs a total resto...
exactly opposite of what I want lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.