Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What model is that? What is wrong here? >

What model is that? What is wrong here?

Notices

What model is that? What is wrong here?

Old 05-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

I am still dying to know what’s under the hatch in the original pic...
Old 05-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Had to double take on the pictures. Was wondering how the heck he docked like that until I saw the front was roped.
were horizontal tabs normal back then?
Old 05-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi Tarek,

As I started this I owe you an answer.
You are right, some of my comments were inapropiate, not well thought and maybe even rude.
I didnīt consider that thereīs a proud owner behind this boat who chose the look and the style and I didnīt even think he would see this. These were my mistakes and itīs good that you pointed it out to me.
As others said, this shouldnīt disencourage you from joining this forum (well, you already did). People are friendly here and extremely helpful. There is such an incredible wealth of knowledge accumulated here, you can ask almost any question and people will be happy to answer and to help.

Why not take the oportunity and discuss your boat?

While I just critized your anchor setup, others shared their experience how it can affect the balance of your boat. Isnīt that good to know?
Then the initial question why your boat sits so high up in the water. If I were you I would measure the distance between the water line and the rubrail and ask others to compare to their TG of a similar age. Maybe itīs just the photo or the color and itīs completely normal. If it were my boat, I would want to know.

Looking at your Cigarette again I have to admit I start liking the red/tan color scheme, reminds me in a 90īs Ferrari 348 which often came like this. Not a bad choice.
But again and this is not an insult, just an honest personal opinion: The car seats donīt look good and spoil the lines. There are also practical reasons why fast boats have bolsters.

Let us know how the new engines work out for you and maybe you want to post some photos.
And wo knows, maybe one day I will say hello. My brother and family and the friend who sent the photos live in Barcelona and once a year I visit them. También hablo espaņol.
But donīt punch me in the face, ok?

Un saludo!
Joaquín

Last edited by musthave1; 05-25-2019 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typos