Cafe 4 Sale - Top Gun or Tiger? >

Cafe 4 Sale - Top Gun or Tiger?

Notices

Cafe 4 Sale - Top Gun or Tiger?

Old 06-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cafe 4 Sale - Top Gun or Tiger?

Selling my 35 Cafe Locally (496 EFI / Bravo 1). looking at Top Guns / Tigers. I've always loved the legendary look of the Top Gun...but that extra 4 feet .

Any reason NOT to go with the Tiger if $$ is similar?

thanks!

Blake
Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I know a Tiger that might be for sale.. is near perfect but it wont be cheap and 100 mph
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I know a Tiger that might be for sale.. is near perfect but it wont be cheap and 100 mph
Q

tes. Yes. Yes. Send details
Old 06-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Details / pics on the cafe?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by theblakeolson

Q

tes. Yes. Yes. Send details
all the updates are in my tiger thread with the exception of price... before the paint escapades, according to the survey with the power, drives and updates it would cost over 900k to replicate it new... ive had a few people pm me in the past 6 months about purchasing when its done.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

If the tiger has bravo drives then i would go with a top gun,
Old 06-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Details / pics on the cafe?
will post them tomorrow as well as a link in the classifieds they ask for here.

Thanks yall.

Blake
Old 06-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A couple of years ago I owned a "97 T/G with 525 s/c's and Bravo's, as well as the '00 Tiger I currently own powered by Zul 1,000's coupled to 6 drives.There is more difference in these two models than 4' would lead you to believe. I will share some observations/experiences. The T/G has a significantly roomier cockpit. Sorry I don't remember exactly, but I believe there is 11" more space between the bench and the bolsters. Also, the T/G 's engine room is larger and provides easier access for service and maintenance. The pre - stepped T/G has a much more civilized cabin which may be an important consideration. My boat had an enclosed pump out head and a sink. The Tiger has a porta-potti, and no sink. The T/G has been a mainstay in the line for literally 3 decades, and they are relatively plentiful. Tiger straight bottoms are about 14 total production. Obviously, coming from a Cafe you will notice more difference with the Tiger's additional 7' and deeper free board.T/G's seem to more desirable, and may hold their value better. The difference in how they handle is apparent immediately. The T/G rides more neutral, and seems to be a more forgiving design. My Tiger tends to feel lighter in the nose and is more responsive and sensitive to drive and tab adjustments, (could be those big blower motors and 6 drives), and likes a little tab at big speed. The main advantage of the Tiger lies is it's ability to span waves. My passengers routinely comment on how gently she lands after big air and are always surprised that they braced and cringed for nothing! The tip of the nose is 27'+ from the helm so it absolutely crushes waves, but is difficult to see over coming on plane if you are short, ( I am 5'7"). Powered moderately, I probably would prefer a T/G. I feel a Tiger needs at least 575 hp a side, and I would have a hard time buying a Tiger without 6 drives, Bravo's don't do well pushing 7 or 8 tons at big power levels. Given the drive train my Tiger came with, it was a no brainer to keep it and sell the T/G. Finally, consider towing if you are so inclined. My Tiger is much happier behind my long bed crew cab F-350 DRW, than behind my short bed extended cab F-350 SRW at speeds over 60 mph. There really is no bad choice here. My advice would be to go with the best boat you can find within your budget, and get a survey. Folks on this forum are very helpful and there is always input from someone who owned, sold or remembers "that boat". As you already know, any Cigarette is worth the effort. Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

my tiger ran 72 with stock 500 efis and bravo xrs, i had 470+ hours on xrs before anything went wrong. when i upped it to 650 hp, i ran low 80s on 87 octane and never had an issue. i took those same engines and put whipple 4.0 and upgraded to all imco scx, ran 92 out of the box on the limiter... then i sent it to paint, that story is outlined elsewhere, im pretty sure i will have the fastest bravo style tiger out there once i fine tune it. i would own another tiger with bravos if it was the right price.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

offshore's boat is badass. Will be one of the nicest Tigers out there.

If you decide to go the Top Gun route, I'll throw my hat in the ring. She's for sale, just not advertised, I can email you pics when you're ready, if at all. Mine's not perfect, but I've done all the heavy lifting and lost all the money on it already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.