Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
'81 Squadron XII >

'81 Squadron XII

Notices

'81 Squadron XII

Old 08-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts

Good to see you back around Sam. You were gone for a while. Cool to see you buy this boat. I remember you posting about it back when you were 16 or so. Keep us posted man. Don't get discouraged, you have a lot of work cut out for yourself but I see a GANG of potential in that boat! Cool ride for sure.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Good to see you back around Sam. You were gone for a while. Cool to see you buy this boat. I remember you posting about it back when you were 16 or so. Keep us posted man. Don't get discouraged, you have a lot of work cut out for yourself but I see a GANG of potential in that boat! Cool ride for sure.
Thanks, Tank! Good to hear from you.. hope all is well. It will all pay off in the end when I can hop in and cruise the water in style!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Registered

Does anyone have any old sales brochures, original specs or info on these boats? I am looking for "historical" info on these boats..a quick search on OSO brought up some old threads with my boat mentioned, but nothing else.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:13 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats on getting your dream boat! Cant wait to see the resto process!!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Cool story, especially being a younger guy, that makes it cooler. Look forward to seeing the progress on your dream boat.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats Sam! It's great to have you back. I look forward to following your progress on the restoration. Hopefully some of these IO guys can help you with parts to get her on the water without to much $$$$$$. I would recommend getting in touch with Mike Mello AKA Sick Stinger is always parting something out. Take care. B
Old 08-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats Sam! You have come a long way son! Happy to see you land that boat. I remember you posting pics of it long ago when you joined. Can’t wait to watch this thing come together..
jr.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Registered

Found out some neat history on my boat today! It used to be all white with a red stripe and black V-shaped windscreen. Was painted to the color you see now. A custom mold was built for the new fiberglass fairing, whole interior was redone, stuff on the deck was taken off and replaced with newer style pop up cleats etc. Original motors were 454's with TRS drives. Later on down the road, the MRD blower motors were added along with the raised rear section of the hatches to allow room since these motors were tall. The TRS were swapped out and holes filled in and raised for the speedy 3s..
Here is an older picture before the new seats were added and motors.