Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
38 Top Gun accident @LOTO >

38 Top Gun accident @LOTO

Notices

38 Top Gun accident @LOTO

Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Does anyone have any updates as to everyone's recovery and how they are? Figured it would have been posted here or on FB but haven't seen anything. Hope all are recovering and healing up. Boats can be replaced, lives cannot. Sad seeing this. Our small home lake here in the Hill Country of Texas (Canyon Lake) used to be kind of a hidden gem but after all the droughts on Lake Travis and a few others people have flocked to it. People pulling kids on tubes in the middle of the lake and skis everywhere. The rental companies give a boat or ski to anyone who has a buck. What is sad is the adults are just as bad as the kids with little to no experience or supervision and yet the lake patrol always targets us "power-boaters"...it's a shame. Almost makes me not want to go boating at times for the fear of my safety and it shouldn't be like that.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Does anyone have any updates as to everyone's recovery and how they are? Figured it would have been posted here or on FB but haven't seen anything. Hope all are recovering and healing up. Boats can be replaced, lives cannot. Sad seeing this. Our small home lake here in the Hill Country of Texas (Canyon Lake) used to be kind of a hidden gem but after all the droughts on Lake Travis and a few others people have flocked to it. People pulling kids on tubes in the middle of the lake and skis everywhere. The rental companies give a boat or ski to anyone who has a buck. What is sad is the adults are just as bad as the kids with little to no experience or supervision and yet the lake patrol always targets us "power-boaters"...it's a shame. Almost makes me not want to go boating at times for the fear of my safety and it shouldn't be like that.
I echo your comments 100%. Canyon Lake is my home lake, keep the boat at my house there, but seems each time I take her out, there is some idiot that wants to play or taunt. Also, that rental company needs to better educate their renters...... Dont know any of the Cig boaters of subject, but wishing for a speedy and full recovery.