Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

I really like all the screens and being able to see all the gauges
Old 12-19-2019, 07:10 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Icdedppl, sounds like the Holley is handling all the ignition functions as well as the fuel side ? So you'd lose a lot of the features you mention if you just bought it for the fuel injection and kept the original ignition? Great job. What you learned and did with your engines probably deserves it's own thread in addition to the one you already have.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
I love that stuff !!!! Wish I could afford all that !!!!going to have to think all this over
might as well throw some more money into the bottomless pit called boats right ?
Old 12-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Registered

That’s what I’m trying to figure out if I can just run my msd and just buy injection
Old 12-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Icdedppl, sounds like the Holley is handling all the ignition functions as well as the fuel side ? So you'd lose a lot of the features you mention if you just bought it for the fuel injection and kept the original ignition? Great job. What you learned and did with your engines probably deserves it's own thread in addition to the one you already have.
yes sir, I wanted the hot spark of the coil on plug and the control over timing and fuel .
Fuel injection alone might be fine for NA motor.
With a blower you want a 3D map to control fuel and timing based on boost . IMOP that`s the safest/better set up.
With the coil on plug there`s no need for a distributor so Alex recommended the Holley dual sync which is much simpler to install and set up then a crank trigger.

and I was going to make a post with step by step how I set up everything but ever since I pissed off sydeways it`s been very difficult to log on (didn ban me but had to use a different browser to log on ....till this new version ) so I said fuc%$ that site .

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 12-19-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:15 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

I'm so pissed off at carbs I'm considering switching. Just n.a. but still won't idle / shift for **** and no one I know locally has been able to fix it despite hours of effort. Shouldn't be this hard.

Last edited by bck; 12-19-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Registered

Well I have seen carb engines that are tuned correct run very well. I think all set ups have there problems. I have seen efi run very well but I have also seen efi have problems and take a lot of time and money to chance down. I think it’s all in luck of the draw and a good tuner whether he is armed with a screw driver for a carb or a lab top for efi lol
Old 12-19-2019, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I'm so pissed off at carbs I'm considering switching. Just n.a. but still won't idle / shift for **** and know one I know locally has been able to fix it despite hours of effort. Shouldn't be this hard.
Send them to Nickerson.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:09 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Send them to Nickerson.
I appreciate the advice but I already went the custom route with Patrick/ ProSystems and everyone speaks highly of him also. As some idiot once said "fool me once and I'll get off the shelf marine Quick Fuels, fool me twice I'll get fuel injection, fool me three times and I'll save my pennies and send the whole damn thing to Innovation Marine" or maybe offer to put icdedppl up for the weekend to tune the damn carbs

Last edited by bck; 12-19-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:15 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Originally Posted by division1
Well I have seen carb engines that are tuned correct run very well. I think all set ups have there problems. I have seen efi run very well but I have also seen efi have problems and take a lot of time and money to chance down. I think it’s all in luck of the draw and a good tuner whether he is armed with a screw driver for a carb or a lab top for efi lol
No doubt carbed motors can run perfect, much more radical engines than mine run great with carbs. Mine just choose not to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.