Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

Thanks !!! So after talking with a few builders and Gary dire from Dyersblowers.com about his age 71 kit he gave me a few phone numbers from guys that are running those if you guys have good dental results with the 871 blower with stack throttle bodies in good shape making over 800 hp so I think with my throttle bodies being brand new from Tyler Crocket I will use the 871 conversion kit run my throttle bodies and have Tyler Criket to them if I can get anywhere between 775 and 800 I would be very happy
Old 12-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Registered

Regarding the hull This whole project started last year because the transom was soft around the Port Drive as I tightened up the inner transom assembly I heard it crack he so I knew I had to replace the transom I also want to re-paint the outside of the boat at that time that’s when I had snowballed into fixing all the small stress cracks I figured at this point in time I might as will check the fuel tank stringers and fuel tanks because I never wanted to be this far into the boat again after pulling tanks and realizing how wet the foam was it was time to replace the stringersAt that point is when I found that the forward bulkhead by the front of the fuel tanks by the cabin entrance was completely rotted I can see why it holds so much water in that area I would be willing to bet any 90s boat of this area has a bad bulkhead up front at that point in time is when I decided to cut the liner out and add the bulk heads back in to make is stronger and lighter. And here we are lol
Old 12-20-2019, 12:07 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't forget this option.

Last edited by bck; 12-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
never never never keep boat receipts. Fools game
Thats what I've been told about marriage too.... unless she's rich.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Registered

That looks a very interesting option !!!! Going to have to look into that I winter if my stock ecm would control that ???
Old 12-20-2019, 02:04 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Lots of questions about that setup. Would it really be beneficial to have individual injectors like that when they are firing into the same case as throttle body injection would? Maybe slightly better fuel dispersion?

Edit- here is the sales pitch

Description

This is the first ever supercharger that we’ve tailored directly for EFI. Traditionally, you would run EFI with an injector plate on top of the supercharger. Where this works, we have found increased performance by bringing the fuel injectors down into the side of the blower case. Air flows better and easier when it is dry. By injecting fuel mid way in the case, it allows dry air to more efficiently fill the rotor cavity at a higher velocity. This increase in air velocity equates to more volume, which ultimately means more boost. We are also taking advantage of the cooling effects of the fuel. The blower needs the fuel to help cool and lubricate the rotors. This new location injects the fuel right where the blower is starting to heat the air. After being subjected to Drag Week in 2019, we’ve seen that this increased volume with a cooler air charge is a “win-win” situation in the blower world resulting in a more efficient supercharger.

Last edited by bck; 12-20-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Registered

Great sales pitch lol. I talked to Tyler in depth about this along with Gary Dyer. And a few guys who have the 871 blower on 575 with stock heads. Big roller cam some head work and a tune there making 800. One guy made 819 with the stock stuff and has been running it a few problem free years. At this point I think since I have everything and it is all new any way from Tyler I mis we’ll use it. I will have him come down and tune it at the lake. If I can get close to 800 per moter it will run real strong. And the is prolly the limit for my drives. They say 800hp with the hd upper gears witch I do have and the sport lowers. Luckily my drives have all that stuff. Thanks again for all the input and pictures you guys have some great set ups !!!!
Old 12-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Registered

Old 12-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 836 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Don't forget this option.
My whipple is injected at the rear of the supercharger before air is compressed. Not sure what temp waters you run in but the moac Whipple intercooler was so efficient fuel was liquifying in the intercooler again. I removed the two stage water pump to alleviate this problem but now I only have water flowing through the intercooler at about 3500rpm and up. Great thread btw, been lurking for a while.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:16 PM
Registered

Thanks !!!! It’s been a fun build with tons more to go!!! Got some good progress on the billit platform I’ll post that stuff soon. We did custom transom plates we engraved the boats name in them and working in some other cool odds and ends. Thanks for all the support lol it’s been a long project already but can’t wait to see how it comes out !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.