Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 12-22-2019, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
i believe the konrad would bolt right up to an its box as well. just keep in mind every 12 inch setback will lower your drive depth 1 inch unless you use a specific box to raise it.
no it will not. Konrad has a trs and Ssm replacement that uses there own helmet for each. Nothing about a Konrad bolts to any bravo parts.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

Copy thanks !!! The boat ran really well with out them got on plane nice. Not sure exactly the benefit of boxes ?
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

i didnt know that about the konrads good info. boxes are supposed to put the props in good clean water. on boats with no notch transoms sometimes at speed the water was coming up too far back for the props to bite, hence extension boxes. some boat mfrs say their boat dont need them, i think thats just pride. with the set back though it changes the ctr of gravity which is why the prop line drops.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
Talked to my powdercoat guy tonight. did you use hi temp coat ? He said there is a black that will hold higher temp but it is not as shinny. And if prepped good he assured me it would stay on. I’m just concerned about falling off we’re they mount to heads ?
I did not specify anything special. Just regular powdercoat , has been holding up fine so far
Old 12-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Registered

Good news on the headers. My transom does have a notch. I may really consider those boxes looked like a clean set up. All parts are ordered for engines working on getting them together. Once I get some glass work done witch will give me a lot of time to think lol I can decide about those boxes.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by division1
Good news on the headers. My transom does have a notch. I may really consider those boxes looked like a clean set up. All parts are ordered for engines working on getting them together. Once I get some glass work done witch will give me a lot of time to think lol I can decide about those boxes.
Run the boat as-is for 2020, boxes may make it porpoise (if it doesn't already), under 70mph. I ran next to your boat and was impressed with how it ran. Nice and flat in bumpy water cruising at 65-70. You can always add the boxes next year. You're changing alot all at once so it may be hard to determine if the boxes "did" anything for you.

Just my .02cents
Old 12-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

I agree with Justin, with all the changes you’ve made I would hold off and see how it reacts to what you’ve done so far.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Just read this entire thread. You've got one hell of a project goin on!!! Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 12-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Run the boat as-is for 2020, boxes may make it porpoise (if it doesn't already), under 70mph. I ran next to your boat and was impressed with how it ran. Nice and flat in bumpy water cruising at 65-70. You can always add the boxes next year. You're changing alot all at once so it may be hard to determine if the boxes "did" anything for you.

Just my .02cents
Originally Posted by payuppsucker
I agree with Justin, with all the changes you’ve made I would hold off and see how it reacts to what you’ve done so far.
As long as the props aren’t completely wrong for it, the boxes will actually help with porpoising. But with the speed this boat ran for the power it had, I’d leave it alone.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Registered

Thanks guys good points !!! Leaving it alone !!! Drive wise did a time of grinding cabin is all ready for new material. Hopefully have that all glasses in and gel coated over x mas break I got a few days off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.