Cafe time to update >

Cafe time to update

Notices

Cafe time to update

Old 05-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 212 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom View Post
That is what I was going for. Simple is classy and timeless, I still have to paint the upper pin stripes and Cafe script on both sides. I am going to increase the size close to double the original.
Tank how is your Cafe coming?
its coming together! Hopefully be on the water soon. Just got these.

The following users liked this post:
HOSSMAN (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
its coming together! Hopefully be on the water soon. Just got these.

Apologies for the hijack but why the whale tails?
Old 05-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Apologies for the hijack but why the whale tails?
assist with planing and easier on the drives. Goal is to not have to mess with the tabs or drives so much when hoping on plane. Also, on a side not I tow the kids in a tube with it and hoping it will stay on plane at lower speeds. We’re gonna try em out and see how it goes. If i see no improvement they’ll go bye byes.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-11-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Knot 4 Me (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

What was wrong with your other drives? Interesting drive showers, good call on whale tails it should help getting on plane quicker. What speed did it take to get up with your old set up?
Old 05-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Registered

What was wrong with your other drives? Interesting drive showers, good call on whale tails it should help getting on plane quicker. What speed did it take to get up with your old set up?
yeah, we’ll see how it does. It was my mechanics doing not my idea. I really never had any problems getting on plane etc etc but for some reason he wanted to try this so, whatever we’ll see. The old drives were mis matched and old (see pic). Needed some love. Now all nice and new. Regarding the old set ip I never really paid attention to planing speed. Just tuck em in, ease unit you to 3500 RPM and let it roll over then pull the drives out. Always pretty much left tabs in neutral.

mis matched drives

now nice and fresh and new. Mmmmmm

Old 05-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Registered

Ah yes, when someone else is paying the bill why not try something else. I am sure you will be happy with having the piece of mind knowing they are fresh. Are you going to leave them black or back to blue?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Registered

Ah yes, when someone else is paying the bill why not try something else. I am sure you will be happy with having the piece of mind knowing they are fresh. Are you going to leave them black or back to blue?
lol. Well hes my son in law so Im not too worried.
taking the blue off. It was good from far but far from good all hardware really needed to be re powder coated. So going back to black on tabs and drives. Swim step has been all fixed up and re powder coated charcoal as well as the life line rails around the engine hatch. Custom brushed aluminum vents on engine hatch. Bolster bases and grab handles in cockpit staying blue. Blue faced gauges with chrome and charcoal Bezels / rings black carbon fiber dash. So tying in black, blue, chrome / polished and charcoal. I think its gonna come out nice.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:07 PM
Registered

Sounds nice, I am thinking of re-doing the vents on mine as well. I am thinking of making panels with louvers something with a vintage race look, but that can wait for now. Next big project will be rebuilding the trailer, I feel mine is under rated with the amount these old Cigs weigh. Between the weather and the virus it has been buying me some time.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Registered

Sounds nice, I am thinking of re-doing the vents on mine as well. I am thinking of making panels with louvers something with a vintage race look, but that can wait for now. Next big project will be rebuilding the trailer, I feel mine is under rated with the amount these old Cigs weigh. Between the weather and the virus it has been buying me some time.
Yeah, I went through the brakes and replaced all hubs when I got the boat. Putting Electric over Hydraulic brakes next. Most likely will update the boat stop on the trailer too. Mine is vertical and basically sucks. I like the angled one's with the Vee wedge bump stop lower and pulley higher (like yours...which actually looks new. Where'd you get it?).

These are the vents he had made. One piece instead of 3 separate ones. He's gonna do some finish work and personal touches to them. Cigarette ovals at the breaks between actual vents on the hatch. They should come out pretty slick when done.

Last edited by thisistank; 05-12-2020 at 01:03 PM.
HOSSMAN (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 10:17 PM
Registered

They look fantastic, did he do the machine work in house?

I made the winch post, I am replacing the axles with 7000#, hubs with replaceable disk hats, springs, tires, wheels, electric over hyd. master and will bridge the upper rail on the trailer with a 3 inch rail. I am basically building a new trailer. I was just going to buy a new one, but with what I wanted the cost was crazy. I could build what I wanted for about a third of the cost. Having the equipment and resources helps.
I kicked around building a complete new one in aluminum, but with summer coming quick I need to get it done. Like others have found most motorsport hobbies have the domino effect, one project leads to another. My problem is I get them done and sell them, this one I will keep.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser