Cafe time to update >

Cafe time to update

Notices

Cafe time to update

Old 05-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
They look fantastic, did he do the machine work in house?

I made the winch post, I am replacing the axles with 7000#, hubs with replaceable disk hats, springs, tires, wheels, electric over hyd. master and will bridge the upper rail on the trailer with a 3 inch rail. I am basically building a new trailer. I was just going to buy a new one, but with what I wanted the cost was crazy. I could build what I wanted for about a third of the cost. Having the equipment and resources helps.
I kicked around building a complete new one in aluminum, but with summer coming quick I need to get it done. Like others have found most motorsport hobbies have the domino effect, one project leads to another. My problem is I get them done and sell them, this one I will keep.
The vents were done by a buddy of his.

Dig the slanted winch posts. I need to get mine done. I had one made for our Top Gun trailer as well. It seems most of the bolted I beam aluminum trailers come with the vertical posts instead of slanted and it makes it a PITA to load.
Sounds like your trailer is going to be really nice. Will you sand blast it and re-paint? or? When I did my steel trailer for our Baja I had it sand blasted and then primered with the paint they use on oil rigs. Then painted custom color over the top of that. Super good sealer and anti corrosive paint. Might be worth looking into.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Keep the pics coming of the project. Looking good so far!!
Old 05-13-2020, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts

Yes, I will have it sandblasted and then I will repaint it. What was the name of the coatings you used? I have been looking into industrial coats by PPG and Axalta. Years ago Imron was the way to go, today they have taken all the lead and other good rust preventative products out of the coatings.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
Yes, I will have it sandblasted and then I will repaint it. What was the name of the coatings you used? I have been looking into industrial coats by PPG and Axalta. Years ago Imron was the way to go, today they have taken all the lead and other good rust preventative products out of the coatings.
It was a long time ago but I'll try to get a name for you. Have a buddy that works on the rigs who can probably find out.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Registered

Finally got the EOH brakes done, new axles, tires, wheels, springs, made new bunk mounts and painted. I put on about 1100 miles and love the brakes, worth every penny.
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (08-09-2020)
Old 07-13-2023, 04:50 PM
Registered

Well after taking out the trans on my truck and boat during the Cig Rendezvous I figured this year is done. I have been waiting for my new truck since Nov 2022 so I might as well dive into the boat. I started on the new hatch lift and bracket while I wait for the transmissions. Since the engines are out why not go down the rabbit hole and do new 8 plate coolers, repaint bilge and who knows what's next.

The following 2 users liked this post by 1Zoom:
IGetWet (07-15-2023), jeff32 (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

Build 2 while your at it I need one 😊
Old 07-13-2023, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by division1
Build 2 while your at it I need one 😊
I would but it took a lot of machine time. The design is a copy of the original with mods made to fit the old style base and arm. If you don't mind waiting, and I have some time, maybe I can get one done in a couple of months. By the way your gun looks terrific, nice work..
Old 07-13-2023, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 4,319 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Nice Job Mike , looks great .
Old 07-13-2023, 11:37 PM
Registered

Good seeing you in loto mike. Boats looking great!!!
Old 07-15-2023, 06:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Nice Job Mike , looks great .
Thanks Dan, yours looks fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.